Since Beavis and Butthead are coming back

Merely the fact that the new show will include videos at all is pretty remarkable for MTV.

MTV? Actually showing music videos?! Pull the other leg, why doncha. :)

B&B was huge in its time. Whenever my friends' band Mutha's Day Out had their video lampooned (relatively gently) on the show, their CD sales increased the following week by 1-2,000 units. :kickass:
(And then they broke up, but nevermind.....)

I always loved seeing the obscure videos on Beavis and Butt-head, that was part of the fun of the show. Otherwise, I would never have known this existed:

Sadly, I don't think that indie music videos are made as frequently these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I don't think that indie music videos are made as frequently these days.

No, there are tons of them. I just think the avenues for people to see them have dried up. When I lived in San Diego, one friend of mine got something like "independent music television" on his cable. I didn't get it on mine, so I'd check it out when over there. In fact, I've never seen it anywhere else. It was basically nothing but videos bands sent in to the station, and they would play all kinds of different stuff. They were all over the board...truly good, unique, or abysmal. It was far more entertaining than MTV was in the day because you just never knew what was going to come on next. You didn't want to miss anything cool.

They probably mostly go to YouTube now, but it's sort of a problem about finding them. If you didn't know the name of the band, you'd be screwed. Maybe there needs to be an aggregate website where independents can register the links, so you can go there, surf, and then hit their video. Maybe they exist already....probably do. I can't believe someone would have missed that opportunity.

Seems that Beavis and Butthead like metal, but it has to have balls. I think they'd probably go nuts over a band like Mercenary or Brainstorm, but they'd probably attack Hammerfall mercilessly. Although all the CGI blood and guts in Natural High might transfix them for awhile. And of course anywhere where there's fire, Beavis is a fan, and modern metal bands love them some fire.

Seems that Beavis and Butthead like metal, but it has to have balls. I think they'd probably go nuts over a band like Mercenary or Brainstorm, but they'd probably attack Hammerfall mercilessly. Although all the CGI blood and guts in Natural High might transfix them for awhile. And of course anywhere where there's fire, Beavis is a fan, and modern metal bands love them some fire.

They'd probably love their one video, where the knight is fighting skeletons.. EPIC. XD

As you can see, they attacked poor Udo 'cuz he's kinda like a rockin' leprechaun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only remember watching this as a kid,but now that I see it again with the video posted,I see it was just a MST3Kish thing during the music videos only they are not funny at all. I think Weird Al had a show like this a one point where he made fun of music videos too. I can say though I saw Rifftrax Live a couple X-Mas ago and Weird Al was a special guest Riffer with the MST guys,and he did do a Rifftrax with Michael Nelson, so he must be a huge fan of the show. I watched some B&BH on Netflix but there is no music videos. I think I like the skits of the cartoon better than the music video riffings, there just not to funny to me.