Are Opeth fans born annoying...

you shouldve killed those kids for laughing at Carcass and Graveland...anyway, i find it a lot nowadays that the people who have discovered Opeth in my area are basically just like that, they think Opeth is the only good thing out there, even if theyve only heard one song, also, when i try to get the ones i know to listen to something that is sort of similar, like Bathory's more epic cds, they brush it off as "gay faggot music". they also think Opeth is the most brutal band ever for some reason, and when they find me listening to Cephalic Carnage they say its "a bunch of noise"

im just happy that die hard MDB fans like myself arent as bad as this, or else id have to kill myself

note: I was not directly "insulting" Opeth. There was a time that I held them in rather high regard. They just don't do it for me anymore. No offense to them, I just moved on to bands that I find more interesting. I suppose I should have titled the thread "are MOST NEW Opeth fans born annoying..." or something.

Anyway, they were definately annoying and they seem like an accurate cross section of some of the other Opeth fans that I've seen who likely started listening to them when MTV and guitar mags started covering them. I failed to mention that they also seem to have practically orgasmed over the mention of the band Lamb of God when someone asked about their DVD. Yet another band that has suddenly garnered so much (in my opinion, undeserved) mainstream attention. I became pissed when they picked up the recent Aborted CD and started reading off the song titles amongst much pansy-ish giggling. Maybe Aborted is not attempted to some across as sophistocated. So fucking what!

And yes, they were rather portly.

anonymousnick2001 said:
And the fact that his username is the moniker of one of the most idiotic individuals in the music world. Ever.

And this coming from an individual who posts photographs of themself (am I correct in my assumption that you are in those pictures?) playing with dead fish. Were there no pictures of yourself in attendance at a tractor pull or professional wrestling event, or some other base activity, that you could have used instead?

I agree those kids were cunts. Laughing at Maiden is worth getting kicked to death.

That said, I'm a big Opeth fan and I think they are a really good band with Mike being a very talented musician. Opeth appears to me as the ultimate band sonwriting-wise, but I do not pretend they are better than everything else. They are certainly not as technicaly impressive as Dream Theater guys (among many others) and there are singers way better than Mike.

I hate rap music, but I can't say it sucks. I respect other's music tastes, even if I don't understant what they can like in this kind of music.

By the way, Nevermore kick ass like hell and I really hate people like so-called "Opeth sucks" who are posting just to bitch at great metal bands. Say something constructive, faggot.

I fucking hate rap music. Wtf are they niggerlippin about? "Yo yo yo i did yo sista and whip out my mac 20 and shot up a special education school" Wtf are these primates raving on about? And i hate these stupid fucks who drive down the blvd with there windows rolled down and there bass cranked to the 9's acting like there hard shit! Nobody fucking cares if eminem hates ja rule. Nobody gives a shit about big pimping, spending g's, or how many fucking times you got shot! The reason why the rappers survive gun shots is due to the simple fucking fact that you can not kill a coonervillian with a bullet. There too strong from all the liver and onions they consume. Jiminy johosofats! I'm suprised that rap isn't flamed to death on this forum. You guys spend to much time flaming puddle of shit and st anger. Shit atleast there using fucking guitars! What talent is there in fucking rap? Any jo ho on the street can pick up a mic and diss someone. May rap die! Die a thousand deaths! As far as you go "opeth sucks". Your a fucking idiot! Who the fuck do you listen to? Coal Chamber? Get the fuck off this board and go listen to your devil driver cd you fucking felching mongoloid! I'm too fucking beautiful to even argue with you. So i'll refrain. One last thing. Nevermore rocks my socks. Bow down to loomis and dane you panty wrinkle!

AllWithinMyMoster makes my fist and machete-swinging arm hurt. From use.

@ODB, they wouldn't let us take pics at the wrestling match.

Opeth is a boring band. They and In Flames are the only metal bands I know to have been showcased on the Hot Topic listening station.

All the emo kids dig it now.

I'm not a big fan of either band.

Reactions: MRBEAST
SunlapseVertigo said:
uh oh, people who like emotional music like opeth now.... better stop listening to them!

No. I like Iced Earth and Children of Bodom, both of which are very popular among the emo crowd.

Hell what the fuck do I care? I'm an 18 year old who got accepted into one of America's best undergraduate business programs. I'm too old for that "poser/nonposer" bullshit.

Robohead said:
Opeth is a boring band. They and In Flames are the only metal bands I know to have been showcased on the Hot Topic listening station.

All the emo kids dig it now.

I'm not a big fan of either band.
Have you listened to Opeth lately, they are actually become more death metalish (if that is a word), I am not including Damnation because this was a one time thing. I can't say as much for In Flames, they are trying to be mallcore. But Opeth is defenetly not changing their style to try and sell records on the radio.

Spirit In Black said:
Wow, I'm impressed.

Well I got a 1470 on my SAT and have a 5.0 GPA, so I guess it's sort of appropriate for you to be impressed.

Thanks.