Singapore guitarists

greetings

following the other thread- wonder if there are any s'pore guitarists coming by here often. we can make this our hang-out... of course, others are wlcome to join in- we are a family aren't we?

**what guitars are you people playing?

Originally posted by bloodswords
greetings

following the other thread- wonder if there are any s'pore guitarists coming by here often. we can make this our hang-out... of course, others are wlcome to join in- we are a family aren't we?

**what guitars are you people playing?

hey, i m play guitar too, but i m from indonesia, i have saw Impiety when play in Indonesia.
Cool sound.
Cheers!

greetings my friend :)

glad to read your contribution. what guitars do you play?

as for Impiety, some of us here in Singapore do listen to the band. others don't see why the should force themselves to listen to Impiety just because they are from Singapore.

no offence to Impiety of course, they made it to Europe, which is something what other local bands here can only dream about.

yeah... lots of guitar shop here, and guitar maker too.
In my city, we have a good guitar maker.
So you can design it, or try to make some style like Jackson , etc and you use your character pick up to put on guitar.
I dont have much money to buy good guitar like BC Rich, or Jackson, so.. i just make my custum and buy good pick up.

i just flipped through some guitar magazines here... your guitar neck looks like it could've come from a washburn guitar...

oh good to know that there are plenty on offer guitar-wise in indonesia. i saw Gigi's video on MTV & they were like playing parker guitars & MESA amps- these guys must be big... otherwise, they know people who have good gear for show... :D

the recent Ibanez Gio series is from indonesia & i own one. it's a good player like you said, new pickups help a lot.

Hey guys,
I just joined the forum. Hydrogrind is the one who reffered me this forum :D I'm also from Indonesia but now I live somewhere in Canada. To be honest I don't really know about guitars, hey but.. i think it is a good start to introduce myself.
I have Squier Strat at home but I don't play it that well. Hell no guys.. Im just too busy now to play my guitar, these college stuffs are killing me :eek:
Anyways thats my short intro :D Take care and good luck guys

Hey thanks bloodswords, where you at now ? Singapore ? My brother used to study there (Singapore) back in 94 or something. And He said there are a lot of Singaporean that are very good at playing their guitar. That was the era when Metallica still rocks and so the other old school stuffs.
Once again thanks bloodswords for your warm regards.
Take care and good luck Bro !

Originally posted by bloodswords
i just flipped through some guitar magazines here... your guitar neck looks like it could've come from a washburn guitar...

oh good to know that there are plenty on offer guitar-wise in indonesia. i saw Gigi's video on MTV & they were like playing parker guitars & MESA amps- these guys must be big... otherwise, they know people who have good gear for show... :D

the recent Ibanez Gio series is from indonesia & i own one. it's a good player like you said, new pickups help a lot.

yeah... thats parker guitar, and GIGI is big mainstream in Indonesia, so.. they rich, lots album (play pop music).

Yeah, you must change that Ibanez with some killer pick up, maybe EMG or Saymour Duncan, or... Dimarzio Evolution...

hey everyone, my name is calvin, i am from singapore... i play in a death/ thrash band call Raspatul... currently i have got 2 guitars, a ibanez and a jackson... for jackson i have install EMG's for it and it sounds fucking killer and huge, its aso very cutting... i am intending to install EMG's aso for my ibanez but due to financial problems, i have yet to install any EMG's... i have got a very simple setup for now, i am just using a Sansamp gt2 pedal for now.. in previous years while i was playing in other bands, i was using a Korg A4 multi-effects with a Boss 7 band EQ, and it sounds killer too! but now i am just too fucking lazy to bring a big multi-effects for jamming! hahaha! Raspatul has already finish recordin their 5 song EP, it will be distirbuted by malaysia's Nebiula Production, hopefully for a 2003 release... but right now i am intending to send out promo copies of the EP, so if anbody is interested in hearing how Raspatul sounds like, just email me at war_lord21@hotmail.com
maybe we can do trading of cds aso? thanxs very much for all your time!!!!!!! hailz!!!!!

hello Calvin, good to hear from you :)

hope you can share more details on your Jackson, good Jacksons are hard to come by in S'pore- i know that. i have refrained from buying any in the current market, i insist on an american model...

don't you have any amp at all maybe for home practice?

anyway, i've just acquired a PRS McCarty & this guitar is a real surprise. despite having the McCarty humbuckers which are tagged to be 'vintage', i can easily play Mayhem stuff, it's a wonderful piece of work. for those of us who are afraid to invest $$$ in boutique guitars other than gibsons/ fenders (no offence, i own these myself), PRS is the brand to check out.

oh i own 5 Ibanezs... :cool:

hi bloodswords, by the way my jackson is an american model... its a jackson concept series, its not sold in singapore, i bought it 2nd hand 5 years ago from a fren who was going to GIT to study music but he doesnt intend to bring too many guitars along to LA... i got it for $600 with EMG pickups and aso a hardcase, it sounds like a good deal to me, so i just grab it!!
as for practice amp, i just got a small fender sidekick practice amp... i am not very fussy bout practice amp cos its just using for practise! hahaha!
i have known PRS guitars to be damn expensive and thats bout all i know! maybe one thing its becos i have never really favoured guitars without floyd rose sysytems, although i heard somewhere that guitars with fixed bridge provide better sustain and tone..
i am currently tinking of getting myself new guitar cables... one of my fren suggested Planet Wave which he told me was quite decent... but my ultimate dream is to own a monster cable! but then again its too expensive... ( musicians are poor bastards! )
u play in a band bloodswords? if u do and u got ur band's material, maybe we can trade our stuff? hope to hear from u soon and hailz!!!!

ah... the very lucky few to own an American Jackson. i'm looking forward to acquire one soon & i think it's easier this time round as Fender has acquired Jackson...

do invest in a good amp, it'll help your playing a lot. when you have a good amp, you'll wonder why you need so many pedals & believe me, the best tone is that of a guitar plugged straight into an amp. here's my amp, a little blur though, sorry about that. it's a Peavey Ultra Plus head & a Fender Tone Master 4X12 cab.

peavey+ultra+plus+fender+cab.jpg

i prefer the planet wave cable, it's as noiseless as the monster, but much lesser $$$... Swee Lee is currently having discounts on these, i bought several... not greedy but necessary. what i also like about the planet wave is that there is a locking-like mechanism at the shaft of the cable tip. it makes inserting & detaching a little more difficult but it's a sensible inclusion. this way when you accidentally step on it during play, it won't come off as easily.

no i don't play in a band, guitar is just a hobby. i do play at home a lot, i don't have outdoor hobbies. i think my Mrs do prefer me at home too... :)

feel free to ask me equipment related questions. cheers bro!!

hey everyone, my name is calvin, i am from singapore... i play in a death/ thrash band call Raspatul... currently i have got 2 guitars, a ibanez and a jackson... for jackson i have install EMG's for it and it sounds fucking killer and huge, its aso very cutting... i am intending to install EMG's aso for my ibanez but due to financial problems, i have yet to install any EMG's... i have got a very simple setup for now, i am just using a Sansamp gt2 pedal for now.. in previous years while i was playing in other bands, i was using a Korg A4 multi-effects with a Boss 7 band EQ, and it sounds killer too! but now i am just too fucking lazy to bring a big multi-effects for jamming! hahaha! Raspatul has already finish recordin their 5 song EP, it will be distirbuted by malaysia's Nebiula Production, hopefully for a 2003 release... but right now i am intending to send out promo copies of the EP, so if anbody is interested in hearing how Raspatul sounds like, just email me at war_lord21@hotmail.com
maybe we can do trading of cds aso? thanxs very much for all your time!!!!!!! hailz!!!!!

calvin...hailz.
I am interested in hearing ur stuff.....am an avid follower of S E Asian metal....have loads od S E shit...amazing...most of the bands are raw and extremely talented...looking forward to heat frm you,,,

stay sick

@bloodswords .. i play the guitar allright...but wont say I am too proficient in it...havent been practisisng lately....busy with studies, :(

I dont play in any band ..... tried..but then a lot of bitching and ego related confusions take place... occasional allnight jams....and had stint with fusion ..... believe me u should try it ...its awsum \m/

and yeah south east metal rawwwks .... keep grinding fella's

b t w bloodswords do u pplay in a band?

@hydrogrind > are you from CI ?? I guess you would be really happy to know that your demos are in circulation here in india along with impiety, funeral inception, she's gore, manga, VRYKOLAKAS, kailyuga etc etc...tho' i havent hrd you guys personllay...but i heard the stuff was awsum \m/......

I dont play in any band..bro...I am not too keen also... right now studies a main priority....and also temme how can I get hold of ur CD ?? and other S E stuff...

support S E Metal ... \m/