Sirius & XM Satellite Radio?

actordude said:
I've been flirting with idea of getting Sirius simply because I miss hearing Stern everyday......but is it worth the price just for that???

It is for me, especially now that you can stream it online in addition to the car. I hardly ever change the channel.

General Zod said:
I recently got a new car, and lost my Alpine with the iPod connectivity. It was an ideal setup.

I have toyed with the idea of getting Sirius, but only for Stern. However. work is only 10 minutes away and I work work from home three days a week.

Zod

Then it will work out nice for you if you work by a computor at your home. I use the net to listen to sirius more than I do in my car.

General Zod said:
How would you like to be able to listen to any band, from any genre, any time you want, with crystal clear digital sound, from Prog to Power, Black to Death, Rock to Blues, Technical Math Metal to Thrash, etc.? Sound interesting? Read on...

If you follow any of the audio industry's publications, you may have caught wind of a new technology on the horizon. This new technology is suppose to offer better sound transmission than traditional satellite (zero signal interference), while offering infinitely more variety. While this technology currently remains unnamed, most industry-insiders have dubbed it codename "compact disc player". Apparently, with one of these fancypants "CD players" you can listen to anything YOU want to listen to, anytime you want to listen to it. Now I realize, listening to what some program director in a suit thinks you should listen to is very invigorating. Still, you have to admit, this is exciting news. I wonder what they'll think up next?

Zod

This new techonology interests me. I will keep an eye on this "compact disc player".

Petethedrummer said:
If anyone is into talk radio, XM has both Opie and Anthony AND Ron and Fez. Two amazing shows...theyre worth the money of the subscription alone. :headbang:

:puke:

Howard Stern uncensored. Bubba the Love Sponge uncensored. Ferrel uncensored.

Three strikes and xm is out.

I am a hard core radio listener. I am into talk and sports programming. Once I got my satellite I NEVER went back to terrestrial radio. I can listen to sirius in my car, online, and on my home stereo. The radios are now mostly free after rebate and you can get a year's programming for less than 100 bucks.

PLUS...the way Sirius is getting subscribers, XM could be dead shortly.

Yeah, I'd hardly say XM will be dead shortly since they still have about 2 million more subscribers. I'd say there's enough people to keep both companies running for as long as satellite radio is around. Which is a good thing because competition makes them work harder to keep people interested.
I came across a satellite radio blog that had a funny post about some news website comparing the traffic of xm.com to sirius.com which showed Sirius got 12x more traffic. Only problem was that xm.com is a spam search site while xmradio.com is for XM Satellite Radio

dusro2 said:
Sirius is way better. Chanel 27 playes prog and power sometimes and has a prog power show on sundays which is very cool. Stern is reason enough to have Sirius. Plus you can use your computor to listen, so you dont always have to be in your car.

The only thing I listen to on the radio is sports or sports talk. If it ain't Prog/Power Metal, it ain't playin'. I for one, don't follow the "Pied Piper" (unless he's headed for Atlanta!). he, he.:kickass:

Greykiller said:
:puke:

Howard Stern uncensored. Bubba the Love Sponge uncensored. Ferrel uncensored.

Three strikes and xm is out.

I am a hard core radio listener. I am into talk and sports programming. Once I got my satellite I NEVER went back to terrestrial radio. I can listen to sirius in my car, online, and on my home stereo. The radios are now mostly free after rebate and you can get a year's programming for less than 100 bucks.

PLUS...the way Sirius is getting subscribers, XM could be dead shortly.

Yep,3 strikes,that channel(s) alone is worth the price(and I am a Ned Mark...yesssshhh...)
And the NFL channel,both metal channels,the trance(area 33),the chilliout,the First(new) wave)'
that does it for me

Sirius came through my TV at home through Dish Network, and I had the most fun playing with the different stations: Blues, Contemporary Jazz, Opera, College/Indie Rock... even though there wasn't much I checked out on the metal station, exploring other the genres was more than enough to keep me occupied.

I used to be a huge stern fan since 1990 but I just lost interest. Now I own xm and listen to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez. I think Ron & Fez is the funniest show on the "radio" since howard fell off years ago (basically when Jackie left).