Site update 2003-09-02: DVD preview, FAQ

Steve420 said:
Isn't it a video?

Ah...you got me pretty confused for a while; I thought you were wondering why the FAQ was in .html form.

The video clips are either .rm or .wmv files, depending on which version you've downloaded, so if they appear as .html files, something is seriously wrong. No idea what, though....

Reactions: Steve
I didn't even notice I double posted...

And I'm making something that make less sense than drunken gums :)

All I need to know is what font the texst on Reroute to Remain is (copperplate?)

One word: FINALLY!

That applies to both the FAQ and the Live Damage teaser (although this old computer of mine can't play the latter very smoothly and my new comp. is offline for some time now; and lacking a burn-capable CD-ROM device in this old machine does not make it too easy to transfer the file to the new one - let's see, 14 MB, that's about 10 old diskettes, right...)

Oh, and I once pointed out that Martin B. is missing from the list - a year or two ago, I believe - but I overlooked it on the last "quality-control" check. My bad.

Now, how about a direct link to the FAQ from the forum? In the "Read this first" -thread preferably. Rahvin?

-Villain

Reactions: Malaclypse
Villain said:
Now, how about a direct link to the FAQ from the forum? In the "Read this first" -thread preferably. Rahvin?

done.

btw, i had made some minor changes to the rules thread already back in august (rearranging links, taking out some boring crap, modifying the info for the new pictures page). it's not literature, but you guys can check it out if you want.

as requested:

Tranquillity is the way the brits spell it (or should ), and tranquility is how the US people do. that's about it.

Reactions: Villain
Where is this picture?

- AND THAT MENTION ABOUT BEARDS...?
Due to a major communication fuckup between our record label and our swedish distributor, the production office responsible for the compiling the Grammy presentation hadn't been given ANY material at all. No music, no video, no photos. A day prior to the deadline, they realized that they weren't getting anything in time, so in an attempt to solve the situation they visited our official homepage in order to download a band photo, just to have something to show. This was during X-mas time, where a retouched photo with the band members in santa claus-clothing and huge white beards was proudly displayed on the index page. The production people, obviously unfamiliar with the band, didn't get the joke and used that photo for the presentation broadcast which was shown on national TV and viewed by at least a million people. In the tabloid coverage of the "faulty" nomination, some journalists hinted that this was also some jury error, but that was of course unfounded.

From the FAQ:
- WHY DIDN'T YOU INCLUDE [INSERT HOMETOWN/-COUNTRY HERE] ON THE TOUR?

We sometimes get angry mails from people wondering why we chose to ignore certain cities or countries on tours. In reality, everything is taking care of by the booking agency, and we don't have _anything_ to do with the choice of where and when to play. Our input regarding the route of the tours is close to zero, especially when we're touring as a support band - which we've done every time so far except for the "World domination" tour in '97 and on the European tour 2002. Bands of our stature are rarely sitting down with the booking agencies deciding where to play. The usual procedure is that you agree to do a tour and are then informed about the dates on a "take it or leave it"-basis. We're the first to agree that our touring routes have been a bit strange at times, but it's nothing that we can be responsible for. The logistics involved are far more complex than what people usually think, and us not playing at a certain place doesn't mean that we've got anything against it.
Looks like DT won't be touring in Antarctica anytime soon.