Site updates slow or my browser f'd up?

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
:Smokin: Is it just my browser or do the site updates seem "slow"? For example, I looked up the site at work and saw the Live4Metal updates on the front page, but I get home and they're not "there". I also hadn't known that Scott had a new AlphaMail until I checked out Blabbermouth and saw it there. Any ideas anyone?? I have Explorer 5.5 in case that helps.

my internet has been really slow recently and keeps cutting me off and signing me out of msn and downlads have been slow aswell
i say the internet companys are being cunts and want everyone to sign up on broadbrand which costs double the price

Maniac, I have cable. Everything else works ok, must be on "my" end. That or my cable company SUX which it has been known to a few times. Thanks though!

Phxthrax, I'm willing to bet you have Cox Cable, and then I have to agree with you that they suck ass. Are you enjoying their new rates?? (sarcasm mode turned off) As for your updating problems, I haven't had any, at least not recently. Updating your Internet Explorer might help, but I don't know to what extent. Sometimes this site itself is slow to update, and then I just come back later.

bRaT, you're one smart chick! Cox it is and yes it DOES suck! Rates aren't too terrible, but the reliability isn't too good either. Guess ya get whatcha pay for!

Phxthrax, something I thought of last night was: are you renting your modem from Cox or do you own it? If you're renting it from them, you can bring it down to their office and get a newer one (if you haven't already) for free. That's the only reason I rent mine, because I don't feel like buying new ones when mine fucks up. I had a shitload of comp problems last summer, and that was one of the major things I did to fix it.

I bought it. I have to call Cox sometimes cuz I can't get online. They dial into it and before long I'm back up but it pisses me off to no end when I'm in the middle of something and it decides to take a crap. Thanks though!