Sitting vocals in the mix

I dig it, I think they're a bit high in the mix though.

Sick guitar tone, is that through the Marshall 1960DM cab?

I dig it, I think they're a bit high in the mix though.

Sick guitar tone, is that through the Marshall 1960DM cab?

Cool man, ive updated the link with the vocals down a smidge!

Thanks dude, its 2 tracks of Roadster through the DM yeah. Its quite weird hearing somebody else play through my rig actually, I gave him a crash course in picking and its turned out wayyy better than the first single I did for them a few months ago. So im glad its turned out ok :)

yeah man they sit quite well, just a bit loud imo
but I'm one of those dudes who has to force himself not to mix them too low^^

yeah man they sit quite well, just a bit loud imo
but I'm one of those dudes who has to force himself not to mix them too low^^

Just turned them down a little more :p Once I get the level right then i'll be able to judge the general EQ a little better. But I want them to sit really nicely not just quite well ;)

Just turned them down a little more :p Once I get the level right then i'll be able to judge the general EQ a little better. But I want them to sit really nicely not just quite well ;)

haha, sorry bro, saturday is band rehearsal day. and even if I play with hearing protection my hears don't really want to pay that much attention anymore tonight ;)

haha, sorry bro, saturday is band rehearsal day. and even if I play with hearing protection my hears don't really want to pay that much attention anymore tonight ;)

Haha no worries! I need to get a mix that lives up to your great artwork dude! :headbang:

Listening through headphones the vocals are sitting quite well in the mix imo. Guitars sound cool too, not as good as mine though! Haha ;)
I've only dealt with 2-3 guitarists in a recording situation and each time I had to show them how to pick the right way to play rhythm guitar. It's surprising how they they can't get right even the most basic stuff about guitar technique.

Cool, I was thinking I might have added too much high end or something, they cut through alot on my headphones but they sound ok on my monitors. Yeah this is the first band ive done an EP for that I haven't been in so I thought it might be a one off but perhaps not! Going into a recording situation is so much different than just jamming with your friends in a practice room, you really need to get it down :D

dude this sounds killer, I love the whole mix. The vocals are a bit on top of the mix, but it might be what the song needs, I honestly have no complaints about it

Thanks! Im hoping to get this in the bag and start the mastering back end of next week :headbang:

Ive added a V1/V2 clip, see if ones fitter than the other.

Cheers again for checking it out Dan! :)