Six core or quad core????

Yeah dude i disabled the c-states on the bios and when i meant that i changed the preference in Windows 7 I was talking about all that disabling unnecessary resources(eg usb devices, ethernet card ect) and i used that DPC atency program and i would get A LOT of red spikes... I did some research and i wasnt the only one with this board having those latency issues.

Sorry to bug you again. Is this a fresh install of Win7 without any of Gigabyte's craplets or other ODM drivers? Just using Intel and ATI/NV drivers?

Have to reiterate, Turbo mode must be off as it uses c-states.

depends on who you are, meng. i have a core2duo wolfdale and feel no desire to upgrade.

but then again you might also be joey and have 315 tracks, 35 kontakts, 89 delays 42 reverbsends and 6 instances of the vsti london symphony orchestra scrubbing at once. while slip editing.

No im not joey by any means, just though i would upgrade to an i7 and go Win 7 route, but i think ima wait a lil longer and see if those i7's go a little lower in price(hopefully the 6 cores ;)). Atleast i learned that AMD still doesnt compare to Intel.

AMD used to be the winner in price/power ratio, making them big with gamers. intel seemed to reign supreme in reliability/stability for mission critical applications. i don't know how true that is these days, but... i'm only buying intel from here on in.

Sorry to bug you again. Is this a fresh install of Win7 without any of Gigabyte's craplets or other ODM drivers? Just using Intel and ATI/NV drivers?

Have to reiterate, Turbo mode must be off as it uses c-states.

Yes i bought a new Hard drive and installed a new copy of windows 7, and i did disable all c states, but not that im remembering i have my cpu over clocked to about 3.6Ghz and I can remember Under M.I.T in the bios i set the Robust Graphics Booster at "Turbo" is that what your talking about?

Because where i disabled all that C state stuff was in the Advance BIOS Features i did this.
Limit CPUID Max to 3 ................. [disable]
No-Execute memory Protect ........[disable]
CPU Enhance Halt (CIE) ..............[disable]
C2/C2E State Support ................[disable]
C4/C4E State Support ................[disable]
CPU Thermal Monitor...................[disable]
CPU EIST Function......................[disable]
Virtualization Technology ............ [disable]

Btw when I had cubase 5 in windows 7 i remember the CPU usage in cubse getting fuller much faster why would that be? In XP i would loud up like 5 instances of amplitube and compared to win 7 the CPU usage gets fuller much faster

I built AMD machines for my personal use all my life. They've always been good to me, although, my current machine, I decided not to build and to purchase a high end HP workstation with dual quad core Intel Xeon processors. I love it. By far the best computer I've ever owned, and I use two of them where I work.

You probably really can't go wrong with either.

I don't recommend turning off No-Execute (not a PM feature, prevents apps from executing cached bits not in their stack) or Thermal Monitor (unless you're dead certain of your cooling).
If you're running a Core2 there is no CPU turbo-mode. I was assuming you were running a Core i7. But there is one last thing to check. Have you disable the GFX power management too?

Cubase's CPU monitor tracks the ASIO stack's utilization and doesn't correlate with Task Manager. Have you tried running your ASIO device through ASIO4All?

Oh no i mentioned my problem with gigabyte because my current set up(Intel quad core Q9550) has that latency issue with windows 7, so thats why i asked so that for me next purchase(i7) i can look for a good reliable board that can easily OC.