Skilled Bands

Thorg

Jan 4, 2006
Hey guys i was just browsing myspace.com for meshuggah and jazz influeced bands and i came across these two. Have i listen, they're pretty good imho

Coprofago

The Chimp Spanner Project

Sorry coudn't remember the CSP myspace but you can still hear some of it. I'll edit this once i'v found the myspace. The Chimp Spanner Project is also just one person

Hey come on guys a bit of respect. These guys have the necessary skills to go far and with a bit of support i think they could do it. Listen to them, they really do have a nice sound

The singer of Coprofago sounds like a cross between the Meshuggah singer and Philip Anselmo. The music is pretty nice too, but lots of Meshuggah ripoff.

Coprofago have a few decent sounds, but a lot seems too ripped off from Meshuggah - I didn't know you could buy a Meshuggah pedal. Some nice fretless bass work on one of the tracks though.

And their name is hilarious, so credit there too.

affinityband. don't judge without knowledge. If you havn't listened don't say anything negative. I have to admit yea the meshuggah influence is quite prominent however there is also a quite obvious allan holdsworth influence in Chimp Spanner's music

That chimp thing is like a crossover between Meshuggah and Dream Theater without vocals.

lol coprofago is just a huge meshuggah ripoff.

edit - except meshuggah are actually good