Skipping requests

Hey Chan

Folks have been posting and folks are "chatting" -- is this a bigger problem than simply reposting?

Would like to see this resolved --- listeners are not too happy with the skipping.

Please post and let the listeners what we can expect (i.e, estimated time of recovery ETR) -- I would appreciate it.

Bill

bmangold said:
Hey Chan

Folks have been posting and folks are "chatting" -- is this a bigger problem than simply reposting?

Would like to see this resolved --- listeners are not too happy with the skipping.

Please post and let the listeners what we can expect (i.e, estimated time of recovery ETR) -- I would appreciate it.

Bill

Yeah, its a big deal on reposting. Re-ripping all these cds is taking time, and I plan on posting them all at once instead of individially doing it. I would assume we are talking over 100 cds. Imagine the time it takes to rip a cd, move it over a slow network, find the web page, find album art, delete the older stuff, etc... I am probably on CD number 30-40 right now. I understand it is pissing people off, I will probably delete those CDs off the playlist tonight when I get home from work so they cant be requested...

I understand it is pissing people off, I will probably delete those CDs off the playlist tonight when I get home from work so they cant be requested

That is why you can't request it if he did what he said, some people don't appreciate the work that others do for the sake of everyone...

Atmosfear -- Inside the Atmosphere
AND

Sonata Arctica -- Champagne Bath

not sure about the rest ofthe CDs for these two --- I did hear Elanor Rigby ealier off ATmosfear -- but

Skipped Ayreon (unknown song) at 7:05am MST 2/4/05. I think it might have tried to play one of the 0:00 song length tracks on the playlist.