SKNote Plugins

Jan 25, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.SKNote.it

Does anybody here use these? I am broke and am doing recording as more of a hobby than a profession at the moment, so I can't justify buying Slate VCC and VTM.

I have however, been using Roundtone and Stripbus for tape and console emulation duties and I am quite happy with them. They also have a distortion plugin called Grasso that I really like to use on Bass.

What I really want to know though, if there is anybody who has compared SKNote's StripBus and Roundtone to Slate's offerings? I hear TONS of great stuff around here about Slate but I don't have an ILok 2 so I can't really make a comparison without shelling out money for an ILok.

Anyway, if you are short on cash I recommend StripBus and Roundtone, and even if you are not short on cash I think all the plugins he offers are great and pretty unique.

i`ll second that sir! i been using roundtone & presence for a good while now, fucking great little plugs!! no brainer for the price
fuck it, im gonna buy stripbus now you`ve jogged my memory! cant compare them to Slate, just wanted to join in with the praise!

I have stripbus too. like it very much. I find it less subtle from satson, didnt try anything else though

Using Stripbus a lot. And the third version of Roundtone is great. STRIP is great for subtle eq and colour and BUS has some excellent m/s eq included. By the way, the customer service is great and the plugins are getting significant updates fréquently.

Never tested VCC and VTM but Sknote stuff is as good as Waves MPX and NLS with more options.