De skola stiga mot himmelen rød
Skymningsdansen, den sorgbrutnes död

>At the hour of dawn those elf tones sounded
>In cunningness forever sound
>They shall ascend towards the red sky
>The dance of dusk, the sorrow-broken's death

Refräng

>Chorus

*"mångmila" doesn't translate directly to "great". It means "many miles" and with that -a in the end, you get an adjective that describes something as "many-miles"-long. In this case it's the forest that is that long.
**I wasn't sure about the word "tilltänta"; as I see it, it can mean something that is earned too, but that didn't fit very well in the given situation. I think "confidential" can be used, but as I said; I'm not 100% about it.
***I wasn't entirely sure of this word, "rå", either, but I assumed this is what was meant.

A sad song - beautiful indeed!

Confidential might not be the right word to use in english, since I've never seen it used in that way before. I think I know what you mean by it, though.

No, I'm not a boy, mind. I'm a girl, and the name fits better than any other, for a fjelltusse is exactly what I am. Where did you get the notion about me being a boy, anyway? If you had been a little observative, you might have noticed my location being up in the mountains of Norway. :lol: To be a little more exact: Ål in Hallingdal. But it's nice that you asked, though, in case any others wondered about that.

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
No, I'm not a boy, mind. I'm a girl, and the name fits better than any other, for a fjelltusse is exactly what I am. Where did you get the notion about me being a boy, anyway? If you had been a little observative, you might have noticed my location being up in the mountains of Norway. :lol: To be a little more exact: Ål in Hallingdal. But it's nice that you asked, though, in case any others wondered about that.

Hee hee, I had this before.... people on boards thinking I'm male... :D

By the way it's good to see more females here!

Originally posted by Morgana

Hee hee, I had this before.... people on boards thinking I'm male... :D

By the way it's good to see more females here!

So I'm not the only one then... Good to know. And, yes, it's nice to comunicate with females too. Up in those mountains of mine, there's not too many metal heads about, and certainly not female ones. There's a couple of trolls up there, though... :D

Yes, it's always nice to see more women here. (where's the drooling emoticon when you want it? :lol: )

Well I'm American, and I don't know what 'Fjelltussa' means, so I'll admit I thought you were a male too. Sorry.:eek:

Let me guess, Fjelltussa means um........Woman of the Mountains?
Well anyway I'll be more carefull who I call "dude", "man", or "bro";)

Originally posted by Algol
Well I'm American, and I don't know what 'Fjelltussa' means, so I'll admit I thought you were a male too. Sorry.:eek:

It means... tja... It's a trollish creature - female creature, but that's because of the a-ending. Else it could be a male to (or else how would it become any more tusser...?) But those males are not very often mentioned. Just like male witches... And fjell first means that she lives in the mountain (as do I), so you were right about that. We also have haugtusser (living in hills - haug = hill or almost).