Slate Digital VBC - Example posted on Gearslutz

Two to three weeks to import and test all the code in new framework, two weeks beta test, and then release.

Cheers,
Steven

Two to three weeks to import and test all the code in new framework, two weeks beta test, and then release.

Cheers,
Steven

And how the internet shall hold you to that strict timetable!

Cheers,
Steven

That is not what I consider "soon". I consider that another "month or two. In other words... If all goes well, we might see this plug in sometime in June. That I can live with. Reduces immediate gas. Ahhhhh. ;)

two to three weeks of dsp implementation of new algos plus two weeks of beta testing sounds like a bit over a month, so I'd say first week of May is what I'm shooting for.

Cheers,
Steven

two to three weeks of dsp implementation of new algos plus two weeks of beta testing sounds like a bit over a month, so I'd say first week of May is what I'm shooting for.

Cheers,
Steven

Steven, I know better to add at least a month or two, or three to anything you say. It's all good. So I'll plan for sometime in June and might be pleasantly surprised if it happens before. Go ahead, prove me wrong! :)

When did you originally plan to release this plug in again??? ;)

Hey Steven,

How did you guys go about tackling that 'attack' issue we spoke of many times, which seemed endemic to software compressors? Transients always seemed more pokey and less rounded than their analogue counterparts.

I often use SSL bus compressors for parallel drum bus duties - how does the grey fare there?

Also, I've heard this song before but I just can't place it... was it licensed to some video game or other?

PS. Belated thanks for sorting out those ongoing Trigger MIDI issues. Life is so much easier now!

Hey Steven,

How did you guys go about tackling that 'attack' issue we spoke of many times, which seemed endemic to software compressors? Transients always seemed more pokey and less rounded than their analogue counterparts.

I often use SSL bus compressors for parallel drum bus duties - how does the grey fare there?

Also, I've heard this song before but I just can't place it... was it licensed to some video game or other?

PS. Belated thanks for sorting out those ongoing Trigger MIDI issues. Life is so much easier now!

Hi Ermz.. to be blunt about it.. there are a lot of great compressor plugins out there but we couldn't find any that properly modeled the nonlinear artifacts such as the modulations and harmonics that happen during the attack and release etc.. So we captured all of that. The VBC compressors are authentically analog. There is a lot going on in these algos.

The song I used was from a gearslutz poster Aljoscha Sieg.

Cheers,
Steven