Slate Digital VBC - Example posted on Gearslutz

There's something weird I noticed with the MU demos.
The phase of the low end is inverted compared to the original file. If you play both the original and the mu processed simultaneously the low end disappears and if you invert one of them the high end is gone.
I guess that's what the real compressor it's modeled after does too then... doesn't seem like a mistake that would happen accidently?!
It's not that bad I guess because there is a mix control on it, but if you want to mix the original with the processed using seperate tracks (one unprocessed, one with the comp on it) etc. you're kind of fucked because it doesn't sum up right.

I don't follow the threads about vbc that much, so I hope it's not something that has been discussed already.

Slate has already come out and said $199 a while back, hopefully that price sticks.

Price is $249 with an intro price of $199 that will last around 15 days.

Cheers,
Steven

I dig the vibe of the 'Classic' on that last set of clips. It sounds familiar. Is it an SSL quad bus emu?

The MUGlue sounds like it'd work a treat for mastering.

Would love a chance to try these things and compare to the real world counterparts.

Classic is a preset from FG-GREY which is a model of an SSL compressor with a Neve transformer stage in it.

Cheers,
Steven

Great! Can't wait to try that FG-Grey on parallel drum bus. I've been meaning to get another GSSL cooked up, but if this compressor brings the love it just may save me a few hundred bucks!

+1. really been thinking about getting a real one, but these samples sound legit!

Yep, for guys like me whose hobby can't justify the cost for out-board gear, this plugin will be a great enabler, on par with VCC and VTM.