Slate drums in next Sonar update

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
So - "Cakewalk by Roland" as it is now known is getting ready to release it's next upgrade/update to the Sonar DAW and as the launch date approaches they are using a new marketing campaign in which they release a "Tweet" a day for the next 30 days on Twitter.

Today's Tweet was : "The next version of SONAR will make your drum tracks sound totally pro with kits from Steven Slate & Ocean Way"

So Steven - whats up? What is the content level going to be? I imagine it can't be that large as it is going to be a (first time for Cakewalk) download-able update/upgrade so I imagine it can't be a large sample library.

Sonar sounds more and more like an underworked hooker every day.

i can guess what a hooker thats working sounds like...but what *is* the sound of an underworked hooker?

I think its great personally, I don't think anyone can expect to have a complete solution in one package with regards to sample libraries but I think that at least setting people off in the right direction is a good start. I imagine they'll be an offer to upgrade to the full version of SSD from it.

Previous Session Drummer sounds were not so hot but were okay for practice/scratch drums/etc.

Yes its true, Sonar will feature SSD kits in its Session Drummer3 platform... While not being as tweakable or customizeable as our native SSD Player powered by Kontakt, the Sonar Session Drummer 3 is an easy to use, great sounding drum sampler with easy to use midi grooves that are one button clickable and draggable to the workspace... its fun and easy to use, and the sound quality is the same as our SSD Player packs.. We're very excited about this partnership, and we've been loving using Sonar8 which is a seriously amazing DAW.

Sounds nice Steven - thanks for the response, I'm really looking forward to Sonar's next release even more now.

i can guess what a hooker thats working sounds like...but what *is* the sound of an underworked hooker?

I dunno what they sound like, but I imagine they look a bit like this...

Bitchbetterhavemymoney.gif