Slate Virtual Microphone System

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
This was announced at 2014 NAMM, but looks like it's now actually been completed and coming at the end of the year.

It's cheaper than I remember, but also seems to no longer include the SDC mic. Also the C12 emulation is gone, but they added a C800G (I assume it's the G, not the C800, based on the sound example). Maybe the C12 will be a free update in the future...

I'm excited. It's basically the same price as a high-end DiY mic clone, but gives you many diff flavors, plus the preamp emulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cringe every time I watch a video with Steven Slate in it. Dude needs to hire a PR man to do the videos or something. :D

Looks pretty cool but if it's as buggy as every other Slate stuff, I'd rather keep my money for other cool shit. I like the concept tho.

Same here il let other people but proof it, And then buy it. If it works as advertized, then Its a no brainer. If it doesnt And relies on buggy software, it won't be that piece of gear that lasts 30 years at least in your studio.

I...I think Steven Slate is the PR man
Mother-of-God-GIF_1.gif

If it's buggy, slate will never update it. He'll just move on to the next shiny object in his life, then forcefully chop his right arm over and over again in his sales videos as he tries to convince us to buy it.

*without blinking a single time

If it's buggy, slate will never update it. He'll just move on to the next shiny object in his life, then forcefully chop his right arm over and over again in his sales videos as he tries to convince us to buy it.

This is why I refuse to buy any more of his products. Protools is already on version 12.3 and Trigger 2 still can't function properly with Protools 11 midi. Probably never will, but you know he will keep releasing new product after new product. :mad: