Slaughter of the Soul

ND24/7 said:
I actually watched the kind of E-Card this morning at work....just ridiculous. Like the : "Once every 10 years ; a ?&* true cult album is released. This time...be prepared. It's judgement day."

I already thought they were trying too hard by going over to Sweden to record at Fredman's....having Anders Bjorler, Peter Wichers, Tomas Lindberg and Marcus Sunesson. Nice attempt...but still is metalcore.

I don't think they're bad...it's just there exist other ways to show your influence other than cloning, kidnapping members for your album.

well their last album this was really an effort to be at the gates(same studio, same producer, tompa, björler ...) :D . but this time they produced with devin townsend! anyway darkest hour arent bad, its just this "we wanne be the new at the gates"attitude who is a little bit strange for a metalcore band

but internet trailers for a new album like this are a good idea. I hope more band will do someting like this.ist even a better promoting tool as singles

Hahahah, that Darkest Hour thing is hilarious. The song they play in the background is immensely generic. SOTS and RTL aren't masterpieces either. Enslaved - "Below The Lights", Immortal - "At The Heart of Winter", Savatage - "Poets and Madmen", The Project Hate - "Cyber Sonic Super Christ", EoS - "Crimson II", Ephel Duath - "The Painter's Palette", Ancient Rites - "Dim Carcosa"... I'd consider all of those "masterpieces" and they were all released in the past 5 years.