Slayer "Cult"

May 28, 2004
Tokyo
What does everybody think of the new Slayer track cult?

http://www.slayer.net
http://www.myspace.com/slayer

I think it's crushing! Dave's drumming makes a difference most definitely. And I can't wait to get the new record! Oh, of corpse it's not pre-Season's style. It's still in the vein of "God hates...". But that's fine with me! Saw the artwork for the new record somewhere. It's done by the artist who did RIB, SOH ....etc. looks cool!

I like it!

And speaking of Slayer, last night I was at a "rock" bar and FINALLY Darkness of Christ had come up on the Jukebox..just in time for the fucking bouncer to turn it off and say we had to all leave. My date felt so terribly bad for me not hearing Slayer she bought me wafflehouse then raped me :)

Evil Dead said:
I like it!

And speaking of Slayer, last night I was at a "rock" bar and FINALLY Darkness of Christ had come up on the Jukebox..just in time for the fucking bouncer to turn it off and say we had to all leave. My date felt so terribly bad for me not hearing Slayer she bought me wafflehouse then raped me :)

So it is true then. Slayers music leads to rape, Jerry Fallwell was right all along! :lol:

Anyone who does not get to hear Slayer gets raped.

Oblivious Maximus said:
I'VE MADE MY CHOICE 666!

I like it. Can't wait for the new album. It's been way to long!

i do like the lyrics. Usually I dont even pay attention them. First band I have in forever was Enslaved.. so I could rock out in my car to Ruun cuz its fuckin rad.

Evil Dead said:
My date felt so terribly bad for me not hearing Slayer she bought me wafflehouse then raped me :)

Did she bang it in dry? Them big black strapons sure do soak up the lube - best not to use spit, try that "Glide" stuff. Don't get it on your hands though, you won't be able to pick anything up for days without it skittering off.
Mind you, a dry hump with the strapon Jack is a surefire recipe for a spot of "Reign in Blood" - your balloon knot will be shredded.

I felt like I had been violated with a dry one when I got "God hates...." - what a pile of unadulterated poo. Not a single memorable riff in there, nowt but a joke IMHO. I'm off to listen to this new thing and see whether it is as bad, in which case I hope to hear the Cult playing a track called "Slayer" - it will be more appealing.

Oblivious Maximus said:
No I havent :( Do they sound better with Owen and Santola on guitar? Owen ruled all when he was in Corpse.

sounds great, deicide always had a signature guitar sound, which is now gone, but not a bad thing, because owen and that dude from iced earth have good tones too...solos are way better, hoffmans lacked with solos. i could compare it to once upon the cross, and scars of the crucifix... the actual mix and production is the best deicide has ever had.

gaschamber said:
sounds great, deicide always had a signature guitar sound, which is now gone, but not a bad thing, because owen and that dude from iced earth have good tones too...solos are way better, hoffmans lacked with solos. i could compare it to once upon the cross, and scars of the crucifix... the actual mix and production is the best deicide has ever had.
Now I'm interested. Once Upon the Cross is my fav Deicide album. I was sceptical, cause I've always thought the Hoffman's guitar sounds were a big part of what made Deicide great. But like I said, Owens shreads and Santola is a great player. How does Benton's vocals sound?

Oblivious Maximus said:
Now I'm interested. Once Upon the Cross is my fav Deicide album. I was sceptical, cause I've always thought the Hoffman's guitar sounds were a big part of what made Deicide great. But like I said, Owens shreads and Santola is a great player. How does Benton's vocals sound?

sounds like scars of the crucifix/ dechristianized.