Slayer in studio...

WHAT another Slayer record in THIS DECADE? No fuckin way.... :lol:

Nice riffage going on there but damn Tom, stop the stupid yelling!

These guys are still the alpha and omega for me...

Am I the only one who thinks that the riffing is really boring/generic? It sounds like something you'd write when you want to do a Slayer-Ripoff, but can't come up with anything good.

To me it's like a poor-man's version of "Spirit In Black" ...

I thought those riffs sounded half way fresh for slayer. Not as generic as usual. I personally love Arayas delivery on that... Slayer is still the only band whose lyrics make me feel like im listening to something evil and badass. Even if its been done a thousand times, their songs always tell a great story. Hanneman has got to be one of the best and most underated lyricists in rock and metal. Period.

I haven't really listened to Slayer after Divine Intervention and Christ Illusion was unlistenable for me due to the production/smashing. So I don't know what their riffing was like lately, but this stuff sounds really old and lame (like a self-rehash) to me ... I mean, maybe I should start a Slayer-version of Clipping Death with Dan once he is done with the metallica parody ...

Probably because after Divine Intervention, you had a crusty punk cover album and GHUA was dangerously close to "this is what slipknot wants to sound like" at the time. Christ Illusion was like they were getting thier feet wet with Dave again, which isn't bad but it sounds too experimental for Slayer...doesn't last long in the rotation, in other words. My 2 cents....

Just watched, that riff was actually pretty lame... I'm sure the album will have cool moments though, Christ Illusion is cool for a spin once in a while even. Divine Intervention and everything prior are absolute gold though, Slayer as a band have more nostalgia for me than any other band ever.