Slayer in studio...

Axeman:

Some people like this, some others don't like it. It's still a free world :) ... I still don't get why you'd rather want to listen to a bad rehash of Slayer than a bad rehash of something else ... bad rehash = bad rehash != cool stuff.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: nobody here wants to "hate". I think we'd all be ecstatic if we'd actually like it, but gee, most people here don't seem to like it and I guess then Slayer isn't reaching the majority of us "former-fans" with their newer stuff (which sounds extremely like their older stuff, just not as good).

And it's not like we are dissing and insulting the musicians by calling them fags or losers or any of the other assorted "hate"-words ...

Not hatin' - just statin' ... and now I'll put on Seasons In The Abyss for some deskchair headbanging moments! :D

They maybe should install a dimmer in the studio so poor Kerry dont have wear sunglasses while tracking. Please God, dont let me be like that when i get old.

Axeman:

Some people like this, some others don't like it. It's still a free world :) ... I still don't get why you'd rather want to listen to a bad rehash of Slayer than a bad rehash of something else ... bad rehash = bad rehash != cool stuff.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: nobody here wants to "hate". I think we'd all be ecstatic if we'd actually like it, but gee, most people here don't seem to like it and I guess then Slayer isn't reaching the majority of us "former-fans" with their newer stuff (which sounds extremely like their older stuff, just not as good).

And it's not like we are dissing and insulting the musicians by calling them fags or losers or any of the other assorted "hate"-words ...

Not hatin' - just statin' ... and now I'll put on Seasons In The Abyss for some deskchair headbanging moments! :D

Of course its a free world bro, thats what these places are all about! But i just feel like everyone is so negative on so many releases nowadays, especially the veterans who we ALL know are far past their peak. Of course slayer will never make another seasons, metallica will never make another justice, deth will never make another rust in piece etc... but i guess i still REALLY enjoy seeing the guys that inspired me to pick up a guitar and start twiddling knobs in the first place still makin records.

What im saying is when someone like slayer is still staying true (or trying) to what they do, i try to embrace it rather than constantly compare it to something it will never be as good in any old fans (such as you and myself) eyes.

But think of this... there WILL be a 15 year old kid who will hear the new slayer record and completely lose his mind just like we did when we heard em the first time. THEN he'll go back and discover the greatness of seasons or reign. Who knows... maybe he'll like the new stuff better than the old stuff!

Make sense?

But think of this... there WILL be a 15 year old kid who will hear the new slayer record and completely lose his mind just like we did when we heard em the first time. THEN he'll go back and discover the greatness of seasons or reign. Who knows... maybe he'll like the new stuff better than the old stuff!

Make sense?

I actually never thought of it that way. Good point! :headbang:

Still, I personally don't enjoy the latest releases by Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica. I thought for a while I was just being nostalgic and getting old, but I do enjoy other band's releases, so I guess it doesn't have much to do with that. And maybe there's still hope for the 10 other songs on the new Slayer album :D

I pretty much agree with everyone here, at the same time. But it's Slayer... I will have to buy it. Even if I firmly decide not to because I'm not stoked on the recycled riffs or whatever, I will still fucking sleepwalk to BestBuy and pick this up when it comes out.

I pretty much agree with everyone here, at the same time. But it's Slayer... I will have to buy it. Even if I firmly decide not to because I'm not stoked on the recycled riffs or whatever, I will still fucking sleepwalk to BestBuy and pick this up when it comes out.

Same here. I've got almost all Slayer releases, would be a shame not having the newest album in collection...

Dave Lombardo = AMAZING

The rest of Slayer = n00bs

Agreed - I think I could make one (mayyyybe two) full length albums of the Slayer songs I've genuinely liked from their whole career, but then again, thrash is my least favorite genre of metal...

Kazrog: now we get into the mindless insults that I was talking about earlier.

How you can not even have a record deal and call musicians with a genre-defining history like King, Hanneman and Araya "n00bs" is beyond me ...

Kazrog: now we get into the mindless insults that I was talking about earlier.

How you can not even have a record deal and call musicians with a genre-defining history like King, Hanneman and Araya "n00bs" is beyond me ...

well imo slayer guitar solos pretty much suck, though slayer is one of my favorite bands

and the fact of having a record deal means nothing, lot of signed band are n00bs lol

well imo slayer guitar solos pretty much suck, though slayer is one of my favorite bands

and the fact of having a record deal means nothing, lot of signed band are n00bs lol

Very true.

And also, to all the God Hates Us All bashers, I present to you... The sad face!

:(

I really dig that album, Disciple, Payback, Cast Down.. So sick.
And seriously, if "Payback's a bitch motherfuckerrr!" didn't make you grin like an idiot there's something wrong with you.
I spose I'm biased though, it's the album that got me into Slayer.

I, for one, think that GHUA is much better than Christ Illusion. Because, on GHUA they still sound genuinely pissed... Christ Illusion - and me being a longtime Slayer fanboy, this is hard to admit - sounds so damn uninspired on many tracks. It just lacks the certain edge, that feeling...

On the solos: They have never been an integral part to Slayer's songs. You can take them away, something is missing, but those songs still exist on their own... That being said, I think that all the chromatic wanking and whammy bar abusing really fits the vibe and atmosphere of their music. For me, these solos don't necessarily need to be that "musical"... And still, it's easier for me to hum the solos to "War Ensemble" or "Seasons In The Abyss" directly from memory than many - let's say - Jeff Loomis solos.

The solos really aren't that important to Slayer songs, and those guys will be the first to agree on that. Yet, they have inspired gazillions of guitarists. Ans as Slayer enthusiast, I can even easily spot that they have been putting even less effort into solos on recent records.