Slayer, Megadeth to perform "Seasons..." and "RIP" in full

I feel the opposite. I think it's about time some of the focus shifted away from Reign in Blood. There are other Slayer albums - other "good" ones - than just that. IMO anything from Show No Mercy through Season - and possibly even Divine Intervention - is worth getting the playthrough treatment live at least once or twice.

I feel the opposite. I think it's about time some of the focus shifted away from Reign in Blood. There are other Slayer albums - other "good" ones - than just that. IMO anything from Show No Mercy through Season - and possibly even Divine Intervention - is worth getting the playthrough treatment live at least once or twice.

By no means did I mean that they should play "Reign in Blood" in full on this tour. They've already done that. I just think they should play their own set list without any of their albums in full.

This frickin' rules all.....I was so pissed when I couldn't see the "RIP" mini tour earlier in the year. Don't dig Slayer much, but I'll be banging my head majorly when Tornado of Souls is played. Love that 'Deth album...

So ATL get screwed on this even though we were scheduled originally??????? WTH!!

F*ck this trend with a big rubber dick.
Seriously.
It's getting out of hand.

You know, we get 30 Blabbermouth posts a day up until such classic bands release "the best CD of their career since XXXXXX" Then they back it up with going on the road playing a classic album in its entirety?

Seasons ain't really all that great. To be honest, I don't think most people would even still have it in their collections if it wasn't for War Ensemble. (And I say that as a Slayer fan). So what are they celebrating? Playing the first album they made a video for? Just not sure what they are going for here. Maybe they just feel it's the one album that is most comprehensive of their entire career? Who knows?

I was just as pissed when Priest announced the BRITISH STEEL tour, which was frickin' amazing BTW, so good that I saw it 2 times. Still though, I am one of the few who truly liked Nostradamus and had SO much respect for them when they were toying with the idea of performing it in its entirety.

Whatever. It will sell tickets and newer fans will eat it up, so in the end all will profit, so good for them. I suppose for Slayer, it will be a nice break from their rather stale setlists of the past 10 years.

One word... PASS.

F*ck this trend with a big rubber dick.
Seriously.
It's getting out of hand.

You know, we get 30 Blabbermouth posts a day up until such classic bands release "the best CD of their career since XXXXXX" Then they back it up with going on the road playing a classic album in its entirety?

Seasons ain't really all that great. To be honest, I don't think most people would even still have it in their collections if it wasn't for War Ensemble. (And I say that as a Slayer fan). So what are they celebrating? Playing the first album they made a video for? Just not sure what they are going for here. Maybe they just feel it's the one album that is most comprehensive of their entire career? Who knows?

I was just as pissed when Priest announced the BRITISH STEEL tour, which was frickin' amazing BTW, so good that I saw it 2 times. Still though, I am one of the few who truly liked Nostradamus and had SO much respect for them when they were toying with the idea of performing it in its entirety.

Whatever. It will sell tickets and newer fans will eat it up, so in the end all will profit, so good for them. I suppose for Slayer, it will be a nice break from their rather stale setlists of the past 10 years.

One word... PASS.

While I'm curious for the RIP in its entirety I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!! This trend of playing albums in their entirety has to stop. When Priest did it I was sort of interested, even if that is my 5th favorite release by them but now everyone is doing it. As for the reasoning, from what I read it's because both albums were released around the same time RIP and Seasons... which is a dumb reason. Whatever. I'm still stoked to see this as I've never seen Megadeth and it's a good, solid lineup.

As for the reasoning, from what I read it's because both albums were released around the same time RIP and Seasons... which is a dumb reason.
It's the 20 year anniversary of both albums...slightly more logical than other possibilities, but won't mollify any critics of the idea.

Well unless I can sell my ticket I guess I'm screwed! I am completely not a fan of playing full albums in their entirety. I feel it cheapens the experience. If I want to hear the whole album I'll pull the CD out. As we all know, even the best albums have some filler tracks.

I'd like to hear The New Order this time instead, but I think they'll stick to the original plan and play The Legacy.

I wish they would follow in the footsteps of Slayer and Megadeth and play their album that came out in '90, Souls Of Black. As for this "trend", I like it. They play their full album then a smaller set of other songs that are staples. I'm more stoked for this show now than I was. Very happy with this!

I wish they would follow in the footsteps of Slayer and Megadeth and play their album that came out in '90, Souls Of Black. As for this "trend", I like it. They play their full album then a smaller set of other songs that are staples. I'm more stoked for this show now than I was. Very happy with this!
I thought about Souls of Black. I love it, but many others seem to hate it or be ambivalent toward it. So, I figured The New Order is basically the shit to every TESTAMENT fan and the more logical choice. But, I still wouldn't mind at all if they did play Souls of Black. That album is underrated and overlooked, IMHO. I saw TESTAMENT open for SLAYER in 1990 so to play their corresponding records from that era would be "deja-vu all over again."

I thought about Souls of Black. I love it, but many others seem to hate it or be ambivalent toward it. So, I figured The New Order is basically the shit to every TESTAMENT fan and the more logical choice. But, I still wouldn't mind at all if they did play Souls of Black. That album is underrated and overlooked, IMHO. I saw TESTAMENT open for SLAYER in 1990 so to play their corresponding records from that era would be "deja-vu all over again."

Souls of Black in my opinion is their best album hands down.

I like everything that Testament has done, but my favoritess are Practice What You Preach and Low. As usual, I suspect that I fall in the minority on this.