Seasons in the Abyss is better than Reign in Blood

Seasons in the Abyss....better than Reign in Blood?

• yes

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • no

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
Haunting the Chapel and Hell Awaits stand pretty clearly head and shoulders above just about everything else in the genre not only for the sheer brilliance of the material, but also for the inventiveness of it all and the tone that it set for the rest of the movement to follow. Reign in Blood sees the band reinvent themselves once again, yet I can't quite put it at the same level. Show No Mercy was revelatory unto itself and whatnot, but still didn't offer very much absolutely substantially that was a voice all of its own. After these albums is a pretty stark drop off in quality, but South of Heaven has some outstanding moments, with a few weak spots. Seasons in the Abyss is even more uneven and some tracks and ideas are rather irksome in the "how could they have possibly thought this was a good idea" fashion. I haven't listened to it in quite a while though.

Only an idiot would think Seasons in the Abyss is better than Reign in Blood. IMHO.

yup. gonna have to agree with what most everybody else has said. I'll taking Haunting the Chapel and Hell Awaits easily over Reign in Blood or Seasons in the Abyss...but of those two, Reign in Blood

Great as the earlier albums are, I recognize Reign in Blood as their peak. And even though subsequent albums are certainly not on the same level, I enjoy everything all the way up through Divine Intervention.

Seasons is the best, in my opinion. Reign in Blood is an amazing record, but it is a little overrated.

Haunting the Chapel and Hell Awaits stand pretty clearly head and shoulders above just about everything else in the genre not only for the sheer brilliance of the material, but also for the inventiveness of it all and the tone that it set for the rest of the movement to follow. Reign in Blood sees the band reinvent themselves once again, yet I can't quite put it at the same level. Show No Mercy was revelatory unto itself and whatnot, but still didn't offer very much absolutely substantially that was a voice all of its own. After these albums is a pretty stark drop off in quality, but South of Heaven has some outstanding moments, with a few weak spots. Seasons in the Abyss is even more uneven and some tracks and ideas are rather irksome in the "how could they have possibly thought this was a good idea" fashion. I haven't listened to it in quite a while though.

Only an idiot would think Seasons in the Abyss is better than Reign in Blood. IMHO.

the riffs and vocals are way better on Show No Mercy homo

I think Reign... is much more brutal,primitive and rough than Seasons ... In addition to that it was actually the album that brought Slayer up from being a promising band to world class players...
Seasons... in my opinion is the magnum opus of the band, because of being much more mature ...riffs are better structured, lombardo simply rocks, and the lyrics are less provocative but equally ass-kicking...

:worship:SEASONS IN THE ABYSS :worship:

the title track on Seasons in the Abyss is one of my absolute favorite Slayer songs but everything else on it just sucks.