• Christ Illusion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Painted Blood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Judasciple

Jan 11, 2010
Brisbane, AUS
I'm only really getting into Slayer at the moment and can't see a Slayer forum (surprising considering there's an Anthrax forum) to discuss this in.

So here goes: What is your favourite Slayer album? I've listened to Reign in Blood, South Of Heaven, Show No Mercy, God Hates Us All, and Seasons In The Abyss so far, and I'm going to have to go with Show No Mercy despite all the hype about Reign. Mercy reminds me more of Kill 'Em All. Seasons I found really weak, like they were trying to JUST be a poor version of Priest on roids or something. It was odd.

There are many amazing thrash metal albums, but, for me, "Reing in blood" means the beginning and the end. Never before, never after, any band created an album that symbolizes a whole style.

The best thrash metal record ever. My pick is obvious.

I like 'em all but had to vote for "South of Heaven". That record's unique atmospher it what gives it the nod over any of their other 80s records.

However, As someone else said, "Haunting the Chapel" could win this. Although only three songs long, that EP is flawless....sound, songs, execution. It's got it all.

I really like the three, Reighn in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons. I like them all fairly equally, but voted Seasons, since it only had one vote. Seasons was a little "laid back" by Slayer's standards, but every song is good.

Bryant

Just checked out World Painted Blood. God, there's some good stuff on that record. Really enjoyed Public Display of Dismemberment. What does everyone think about this album?

Reign in Blood. All of their albums suffer from inconsistency, but the filler songs go by quickly enough on it.

WPB just seems rushed with basic arrangements so I'm not too crazy about it. I like the 80's era Slayer when they actually put some time into their records with more complicated arrangements. Their worst albums I would say are CI, UA, WPB, SNM & DIM.