Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God Hates Us All

• Christ Illusion

• World Painted Blood

• Total voters
Hell Awaits. Not only is it the best Slayer album, but it's my favorite thrash album, and one of my favorite albums of all time.

Undisputed Attitude!!!! - I don't know what it is but that album just makes me feel like drinking lots of beer and breaking stuff :kickass::kickass:

It's a covers album of old punk bands. aggressive as hell, but basic as hell songs take the complexness of slayer and throws it out the window. The only original Slayer tune on that album is "Gemini". I do like the message behind this cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNM but Slayer is pretty hit or miss for me. Liked the 80's stuff but don't care for the retards they attract at concerts.

wow , hard to pick just one . The first 6 are so sick ! With R.I.B to S.I.T.A being like a trifecta or un-holy trinity .

Have to go with Reign in Blood. One of the all-time best Thrash metal albums! I'd go with either Hell Awaits or South of Heaven as a close second.

- James

It's a covers album of old punk bands. aggressive as hell, but basic as hell songs take the complexness of slayer and throws it out the window. The only original Slayer tune on that album is "Gemini". I do like the message behind this cover.

The hell with complexness, if I want complex I'll look for it in other bands,defenatly not Slayer, they're about as complex as an amoeba imo. Cool video btw.

Show No Mercy is what I picked but they all have a special place in my heart it would be impossible to pick just one. SNM was just the first Slayer album I bought and was the first metal band I had ever really heard. I was ten lol, I take it home to listen to it and Evil Has No Boundries comes on and I hear Tom's shrieks and then "BLASTING OUR WAY THROUGH THE BOUNDRIES OF HELL!!" I changed that day

Seasons I found really weak, like they were trying to JUST be a poor version of Priest on roids or something. It was odd.

Ironically, "Seasons" was lauded as their masterwork at the time but it's not aged well at all. The best songs are "Slayer by numbers" (War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Spirit In Black), and the rest is mostly disposable filler. The title track is the lone true classic, IMO.

Seasons is a great fucking album. I think its terrifically. There are only a couple of songs on their that are less than stellar. Most of it fucking rips: Spirit in Black, Blood Red, Hallowed Point, Dead Skin Mask, Born of Fire, Seasons in the Abyss, War Ensemble... all killer.