Slayer writing new record, Jeff still recovering

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
I can't believe a fucking spider almost killed Slayer's career.

SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo has checked with the following update:

"The PHILM album is in the mixing stage.. I can't wait for you to hear it! Looking forward to releasing it on Ipecac Recordings and doing selected shows around the world. Slayer is writing a new record. Jeff is still recovering and doing better."

On the weekend of May 25th - 27th, 2012 at Alexandra Palace, London, All Tomorrow's Parties will present the second UK I'll Be Your Mirror event. On the 25th, Slayer will present their undisputed classic, Reign In Blood, live in it's entirety during their headline set to celebrate it's 25th anniversary.

Joining Slayer on Friday night are influential doom metal trailblazers SLEEP - this will be their first UK visit since reforming for two amazing ATP festival shows in 2009, and legendary Washington sludge group MELVINS, with more to be confirmed.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/172942

No, it really was THAT bad. I got death threats over the review I did for it, and actually felt better because of it - I'd rather be murdered by pissed off metal fans than listen to WPB again.

No, it really was THAT bad. I got death threats over the review I did for it, and actually felt better because of it - I'd rather be murdered by pissed off metal fans than listen to WPB again.

Lol. Can your review still be found, just out of interest? I promise I won't threaten to kill you :lol:

Ta, found it. Pretty good review, I agree with most of it, especially: "Kerry King seems to have been let loose here too, with nearly every solo consisting of a whammy-wanking mess." which was my first impression as well tbh. :)

However I can't agree with "Its almost (ALMOST) at the same musical low as St. Anger". WPB is a poor album, but it has its moments, its still Slayer, just a very off form slayer.

The next record will basically show us whether they're giving up the ghost and living on past glories or whether they are actually going to put the time in to make another great album. I have my doubts about it tbh

Count me in as another who was not impressed with WPB. Been listening to South of Heaven a lot lately.

Slayer must be one of the few bands making money on new albums now a days. With the reputation they have built they could just tour without releasing new material.