Slayerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

there are lots more of metalheads to that dont know thier shit also. I have been to shows and talked to people that have zero clue about anything. I love when you mention a concert and some guy hwo is wearing the bands shirt didnt even know they played.

The reality is that there are still people that rely on the radio for most of their music news & concert announcements.

Yeah, I can see for some of the older fans who don't keep up with current bands and websites, and what not.

I suppose it depends on the person. I have been checking concert listings weekly for as long as I can remember.

I think a lot of it is the person, I think there are people who like the music but really dont follow it. Every interest I have I really get into it and read about it and it becomes a big part of my life. There are people who will not look into stuff, they kinda just wait for it to fall in front of them. It is scary that there are people who still listen to the radio for new music. It is true though....we are that small percentage who read, research, and look for new bands.

I will admit that I am a bit obsessed.
I check Chicago Metal Factory, the Reader, MP Shows, etc multiple times a week looking for updates
(And I don't even go to as many shows these days).