slayers christ illusion

metalhead_666

Jul 9, 2006
toronto
well i have to say this highly aniticipated album is nothing but shit the first 2 songs are pretty good but after that yawn dont even bother same shit new day musically the guitars suck 10% of the riffs are good and none of the solos are good youd think king and hanneman could play well after all these years the solos are a huge letdown so are the riffs to some extent jihad as to be the worst intro ever slayers days are ova thats my opinion on the album what do yall think ? die hard fans who bought it will obviously disagree with me

metalhead_666 said:
well i have to say this highly aniticipated album is nothing but shit the first 2 songs are pretty good but after that yawn dont even bother same shit new day musically the guitars suck 10% of the riffs are good and none of the solos are good youd think king and hanneman could play well after all these years the solos are a huge letdown so are the riffs to some extent jihad as to be the worst intro ever slayers days are ova thats my opinion on the album what do yall think ? die hard fans who bought it will obviously disagree with me

I thought it was pretty good. Not great but entertaining.

metalhead_666 said:

I think the album is great, but not nearly as entertaining as your post. Have you ever heard of punctuation? :lol:

sumairetsu said:
I think the album is great, but not nearly as entertaining as your post. Have you ever heard of punctuation? :lol:
yes i have i never thought i should bother with it online tho ? its not an english exam asswipe

SoundMaster said:
I do like the album, but, IMO, it pails in comparison to "God Hates", which I feel is a modern masterpiece.

"Christ Illusion" is a bit too monotonous, overall.

Still, it's a strong record.

While I feel that God Hates was their strongest album since South of Heaven (and is a masterpiece), the production on it, not to use your words, IMO is monotonous and makes it at times unlistenable. Too much mid-range that freakin' rips my ears apart when cranked up.... It breaks up way too much. I can't deny though how crazy songs like Payback and Exile are. The 3 songs they didn't put on it were awesome too!

This new album, mainly because of Lombardo, is a real breath of fresh air for me. It has the production/mix of SoH, but better, and Araya sounds great. Granted there are songs I don't like - Cult - but Flesh Storm, Catalyst, Skeleton Christ and Consfearacy alone make this album great for me. I'll even take this album OVER Seasons....

And to everyone - not just on here - that suddenly started complaining about Slayer's solos, and that they expected King and Hanneman to turn into Alex Skolnick, what are you thinking?!?!? Some people just don't have it in them, practicing for 20 years or not, to become capable soloists. I know I've been playing for 22 years and I'm still a hack when it comes to solos. :lol:

Platinum Maze said:
While I feel that God Hates was their strongest album since South of Heaven (and is a masterpiece), the production on it, not to use your words, IMO is monotonous and makes it at times unlistenable. Too much mid-range that freakin' rips my ears apart when cranked up.... It breaks up way too much. I can't deny though how crazy songs like Payback and Exile are. The 3 songs they didn't put on it were awesome too!

This new album, mainly because of Lombardo, is a real breath of fresh air for me. It has the production/mix of SoH, but better, and Araya sounds great. Granted there are songs I don't like - Cult - but Flesh Storm, Catalyst, Skeleton Christ and Consfearacy alone make this album great for me. I'll even take this album OVER Seasons....

And to everyone - not just on here - that suddenly started complaining about Slayer's solos, and that they expected King and Hanneman to turn into Alex Skolnick, what are you thinking?!?!? Some people just don't have it in them, practicing for 20 years or not, to become capable soloists. I know I've been playing for 22 years and I'm still a hack when it comes to solos. :lol:

It's not even CLOSE to Seasons.

Consuming Impulse said:
bullshit. chist illusion is just as good as south of heaven if not better.
Please. CI is about the 7th or 8th best Slayer album. Not nearly as good as South of Heaven.

If I implied I like the new one better than South of Heaven, I do not. My top 3 are Reign, South, and Show No Mercy.

Sorry again, but Seasons doesn't do much for me anymore. Other than the 3 songs they still play live - War, DSM, and Seasons - Exp. Youth is the only one that's memorable IMO.

metalhead_666 said:
yes i have i never thought i should bother with it online tho ? its not an english exam asswipe

Well, it would allow you to communicate better with others, Schweinehund. :p

あなたは本当に愚かなんでしょう。

Its a letdown to me. 5 years for this? It doesn't even hold a candle to South of Heaven or Seasons in the Abyss. 7/10, with a point given just because, shit, its Slayer.:headbang:

#5 on the charts...not to bad for a band that's almost 25 years old and plays the type of music they do!!!:kickass:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BW&BK has received the following official press release in regards to worldwide chart action for SLAYER's Christ Illusion album:

The City of Fullerton, CA abruptly removed all 17 of Slayer's promotional bus benches. Twenty years of equipment and stage production was stolen out of their warehouse. Their 2006 U.S. Tour due to kick off 6.6.06 had to be postponed due to band member Tom Araya's emergency surgery. But none of these roadblocks prevented Slayer's brand new album, Christ Illusion (American Recordings/WBR), from making the highest chart debut of the band's career, coming in at #5 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums Chart.

In addition, Christ Illusion - executive produced by Rick Rubin and produced by Josh Abraham - is a Top 10 album internationally in its first week, debuting at #2 in Germany, #2 in Finland, #8 in Holland, #9 in Australia, and #6 in Austria.

With more than 62,000 copies sold in the U.S. in its first week, Christ Illusion marks the long-awaited return of the legendary punk/thrash/metal band. Christ Illusion is Slayer's first new studio album in five years, and the first recorded by the original line-up - Araya/bass, vocals; Kerry King/guitars; Jeff Hanneman/guitars, and Dave Lombardo/drums - in more than 15 years. The #5 debut is only the second time in Slayer's 25-year-plus history that they've debuted in Billboard's Top 10 - 1994's Divine Intervention came in at #8.

On Christ Illusion, the unabashedly controversial Slayer takes on Government and God, looking at the World Trade Center disaster from the terrorists' point of view, and repeatedly committing lyrical blasphemy, which caused the the Washington Post to note "...Slayer consistently beats Christianity with an ugly stick." One major daily reviewer hypothesized, "If Thomas Jefferson were alive today, he undoubtedly would be listening to Slayer...beneath this aggressive veneer, is a social, political and interpersonal message that would put proud smiles on our nation's founders."

The New York Times wrote simply that "[Christ Illusion] is the most concentrated, focused Slayer record in 20 years."

I LIKE IT BUT I DO NOT FOLLOW LIKE SHEEP I AM PADDY AND PADDY THINKS FOR HIMSELF GOING TO READING TO SEE THEM IT IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SLAYER THEN DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM SLAYER FUCKING AWESOME AND YOU CAN ALL GO FUCK YOURSELFS CAUSE PADDY WILL FLY

Consuming Impulse said:
bullshit. chist illusion is just as good as south of heaven if not better.

WRONG!

Granted this album is their best effort since seasons, but thats not really saying much is it!

I've listened to it once, it's pretty good. Way better than God Hates Us All, but not quite Reign In Blood or South Of Heaven. I'd still get it though.