SLAYER's - World Painted Blood

show no mercy doesnt make it into my list

its good but not great. get south of heaven as well, and divine intervention, everyone slags it off but its great, it just has a horrible sound, it shreds though!

But whyyyyyyyyyyy :(

I've been listening to Divine Intervention recently now you mention it, its not QUITE as bad as I remember.... but theres just something missing. I can't put my finger on it, theres something not quite right and I don't have a fuking clue what

I've been listening to Divine Intervention recently now you mention it, its not QUITE as bad as I remember.... but theres just something missing. I can't put my finger on it, theres something not quite right and I don't have a fuking clue what

Could it be that it's Paul Bostaph playing the drums and not Dave Lombardo?

I have to say I rate Divine Intervention highly

I have to say I much prefer this album over Christ Illusion. I really like it. Tom's vocals do seem to get lost in it a bit though.

Seasons is still my personal favourite though. First one I got too.

And Metallicdistort, its THAN not THEN. Eg; more than. Not; more then. :p

Dave, I have the impression that your mates are aged between 16 + 22 yrs old

Wrong impression then - correct, they wouldn't have been around when RIB was released so they missed out on the 'holy fuck what was that?' experience of hearing that for the first time, at that time. But they range from 23 up to the late 20s. I'm still the old bastard of the group hehe

aaaarrrgggh its so bad though, nothing happens in it! wheres the hooks? wheres the riffs? wheres the dynamics?? where are the choruses? it's like they haven't even tried.
Its sucks really.. All the above and I think that the few better songs sounds just way too much of a copy of the old material. I only really like Psychopathy Red and Hate Worldwide they are good songs IMO but everything else is just BORING!

6/10 I'd say...

And he plays with dolls, and has (Psycopathy) Red hair.

2066.jpg

IM A CAT IM A CAT SUCK MY DICK IM A CAT

They rushed this album, and it shows. The title track is total unoriginal crap, but I do enjoy some of this album. It seems like Jeff and Kerry aren't getting along well or something because they have their individual songs trademarked seperately, and I haven't seen one interview recently with Kerry and Jeff together at the same time. They also used that idiot producer Metallica used on DM, so you get that strange production. Overall it's not a breakthrough record, but they kind of recapture the SLayer spirit with some of Jeff's tunes. I do like like some of the leads & riffs, but they did rehash some stuff on this one.

I don't see ow people can call it a step forward from Christ Illusion - at leat CI had hooks, some good songs and some fucking bottom end to it. World Painted Blood is quite possibly the worst album Slayer have ever done.

I don't see ow people can call it a step forward from Christ Illusion - at leat CI had hooks, some good songs and some fucking bottom end to it. World Painted Blood is quite possibly the worst album Slayer have ever done.

I disagree,

Diabolus In Musica is the worst ever album they have ever done, WPB however comes a close fuckin 2nd as I said in my earlier posts

210.gif
210.gif
210.gif
210.gif
210.gif
210.gif

My mistake. I meant better than GHUA and DiM. Christ Illusion was a great album. But I think that World Painted Blood is a good synthesis of elements of Christ Illusion with the more faster elements of older albums.

Eachto their own and all that, I still do not see how the hell anyone can call WPB good or say its a step forward in any way. It fucking awful, three semi-decent song and a handful of average riffs don't make up for repetitive, bland, half-baked songs with shitty production and fucking atrocious guitar tone.

Eachto their own and all that, I still do not see how the hell anyone can call WPB good or say its a step forward in any way. It fucking awful, three semi-decent song and a handful of average riffs don't make up for repetitive, bland, half-baked songs with shitty production and fucking atrocious guitar tone.

That's why as I SAID it's better then DIM, it has 3 ok tunes, DIM has only 1