Sleep is a Curse Lyrics

BadButNotSad

Hmm...
Apr 6, 2011
Hello Toby!

I listened to "Sleep Is A Curse" today and asked myself what the lyrics could mean...
then I read an interview (http://www.starvox.net/intview/mw.htm), because I googled for some information (or was it the other way around?...)
In the interview, you said that " &#8220;Sleep is a curse&#8221; is not about love, or romance, or a woman. <Smiles> Nope, not at all, my friend."[...] and "It's definitely about a very, very specific experience or groups of experiences I had, and I like that people can find their own experiences in it because no one would ever be able to relate to what I think about when I hear the song."
Now I ask you, Toby, could you clear up the meaning of the song?
Well...I'm pretty sure you won't, because all motW songs are holdings such big magical power in them which is created through your secrets and our personal interpretations, I think.
But would you be so kind to give us a little hint, please? :worship:
I would be very thankful :oops:

Greetings,
BadButNotSad

it's about the time when toby was supposed to go to the Big E at 10am and he overslept by two hours and made everyone else wait for him and everyone in the car was like ARGH! SLEEP IS A CURSE! IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE NOBODY TOLD ME!

I never thought it was meant to be about a woman/love/romance, but that's the easiest way to have it apply to me, so I still purposely SQUEEZE and SQUEEZE it until it fits.

Actually, I'm fairly sure it's about his troubles getting to sleep one night (title is lolcat-speak for "[My] Sleep Is Accursed"), including such hindrances as itchy pubes:
That night, the forest was seething

I dreamed that we had another moment, still
We could be the champions of art
Tobes dreamed (in the "I have a dream!" way) of lucid dreaming, so that he can create whatever he wants. No budget restrictions or technical problems exist in the dream world.

So many things, but her face was all I saw
You're so good, your face is all I see.

Lying awake in his bed, everything is pitch black and all that can be seen is the clock's glow-in-the-dark face. Also, this clock is so God damn amazing and useful. This clock is basically the son of god. Everyone listening to this song should go out and buy a clock. (Toby sold out to the clockmakers union for his fix of watches. Can't be a metal guitarist without a wristwatch.)

it's about the time when toby was supposed to go to the Big E at 10am and he overslept by two hours and made everyone else wait for him and everyone in the car was like ARGH! SLEEP IS A CURSE! IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE NOBODY TOLD ME!

Did this really happen?

...or maybe I'm just too un-american to get that kind of jokes :cry:
---------
By the way: Who are you, xfer? I saw you even on the oldest motW forum topics from 2002. Are you one of the motW members?!
So many questions to answer :rolleyes:

hahaha alex, that exact day just came up in conversation last night in fact; I was telling M about the time I had puked into my underwear the night of my birthday and then had to go to the big E the next day and forgot to change my pants.

also, this emoticon??? : :fu: