lyrics to sleep is a curse

xfer said:
haha i highly doubt lyrics penned by toby/byron would be deliberately christian!

sometimes things that don't have a meaning are necessary and better than having a meaning. the case in pulp fiction, for example: the point of the movie wasn't what was in the case and, indeed, if it was specified what WAS in the case, that would distract people from the actual meat of the film. so it was pretty critical that it be left undefined, and NOT to exist as a puzzle (i think Tarantino said something along those lines). nabokov also detested when people thought he worked puzzles into his writing for people to solve, when the ambiguity and confusion was sometimes the point, not the solving. (an exception, of course, being "the vane sisters", one of the greatest puzzle stories of all time).

blah blah i'm an english major blah blah

I love Nabokov's books. So far I've read The Defense, Lolita, Pale Fire, and am almost done with Ada, or Ardor (I've been reading that one for a month and a half, but I just keep getting distracted with school and other junk like that).

Josh Seipp said:
I'm not sure what to say here except that yeah I was in motW and I live in Baltimore and I know 4 other Joshes that live in Baltimore. And I have my own ideas about Sleep is a Curse.

oh and Baltimore > Boston ;)

I can probably think of at least two others...

But as long as you're not vegan/straightedge/fashioncore like the first Josh I don't have a problem.

...this isn't difficult to read.

we're not all from boston. me, toby, mia, greg, forbes, sam, DJ, kleo, um, is that it? that's like 1/3 of the regular posters.
dude, i don't post. ImNoPoster

This thread reminds me of that gallon of vanilla ice cream I once left in the freezer for at least as decade.