Sleep Paralysis

This happens to my friend all the time. He has some freaky ass stories of feeling like something/someone getting on top of him, i.e. the pressure of another person and/or seeing something in his peripheral. Also, the feeling of paralysis and not being able to speak or make any sound other than murmurs, etc. He freaks us all out sometimes with the stories because he's a very artistic person (art, writing) so he's able to describe it in great detail. I've also walked in the room when it has happened to him before and I looked right at him because his eyes were wide open looking at me and his mouth was moving but he looked scared to death...it's just not cool.

And mostly he says it happens when he's on his back only, except there was one or two occasions I remember him saying he was on his side.

Happended to me several times also, but as Metalhead said, it's not all that bad once you know what's going on.

Yep, sleep paralysis is an old friend here, though mine come when I'm just falling asleep, not when waking up. The hallucinations are creepy, but the nastiest part for me is probably the blood rush I get. It feels like I can feel every single blood cell in my body rushing through my veins with great speed and pressure, like my veins were going to explode any second. My friends have told me it seems they only last for a couple of seconds when I get them, but it feels like a minute or two, probably because my body and mind aren't on the same perceptive level yet.

I used to have them several times a week, but with age they are more rare. Probably once a month or so nowadays.

Happended to me several times also, but as Metalhead said, it's not all that bad once you know what's going on.

Yeah when it happens on a regular basis, you get used to it. That woman in that article explains it well.
I also was like: "Ah come on, not that old bitch again" .
Maybe knowing it and losing the fear is the first step to finally make it go away.

Happened to me on several occasions. Just like the article described...oppressed feeling, sensing something malevolent, seeing things...terrifying stuff indeed.

Ive had that paralysis part a few times, never hallucinated or something like that though. ;X

I have had this a few times, first time was me actually having a dream of it and being awake at the same time.. i dreamt the whole place was crashing down but i was tied up to the bed.. sick thing is, the strings i was being tied up with were very, very thin and seemed so easy to break.. but i could not do it, i could not scream for help either.. then i sort of woke up and fell asleep again.

years later i got it again.. different though, but it did feel like someone was sitting on top of me trying to hold me down this time.. and i could not speak or move.. so i got scared , but not enough it seems, as i fell asleep after that pretty fast.
So the next morning i looked it up, the old hag story etc, and since then i had it 3-4 more times.. but i was never scared, i was now more fascinated by this because i knew what it was and what could possibly cause this, quite a experience though.

Just admit it guys...

fat-woman.jpg

I had this paralysis several times, now rarely, but fuck, it's really annoying, I also had hallucinations, hearing things, noises, feeling it was getting really, really cold...then woke up with a terrible headache :loco:

oh by the way if you concentrate enough you can let the paralysis get away, last times paralysis was shorter since I forced myself to move

That's what I usually do, but first times it happens it's really scary, you can't move and don't know what to do!