SLEEPING

8:30 here too...I set the alarm, but no matter what I always just wake the fuck up @ 8:20-something. I swear I have actually heard my alarm maybe once since the beginning of this year. I guess the older you get, the more programmed to your routine you get.

Wtf... I thought I was the only one.

Internal clock ftW

I've got class at 9-10am, and then work at 3pm some days. If I had a more normal work schedule, or more challenging classes, I might actually be motivated to sleep right...

Not sure how you manage to do that without building up a sleep debt. 11am isn't that late!

Been doing that schedule for years - my body is used to it. *shrug*

I worked overnights once, though - my body WOULD NOT adjust to that schedule - was sick for about 3 out of the 5 weeks I was on that scedule. NEVER again.

id be perfect for a night shift
im pretty nocturnal
cant see that ever changing now haha.

I don't really have the willpower to choose what time I wake up... Either I turn off the alarm without really waking up, or I decide I just don't care and go back to sleep. Same with going to bed early - the only way I can fall asleep before 2 or so is by skipping sleep the night before, and then if it actually fixes it, I screw it up again the next day usually. Shit sucks.

id be perfect for a night shift
im pretty nocturnal
cant see that ever changing now haha.

Worked an overnight for 6 months straight (10 PM - 6 AM) and loved every fucking second of it. Especially working at a gas station and having an ASSLOAD of time to myself to think/write music/smoke weed by the dumpster :lol:

I use to think so. I just can't seem to get comfortable enough when I have anything on. For the coldest nights I may put a t shirt on.

I use to struggle getting a deep sleep, now it's better so the amount isn't as important.

Lol, fair enough. I only went for it becase of our warm summers, now I can't stop.
I use to find that I could never get enough sleep, then I realised it was because I wasn't able to get comfortable. This helped improve it alot. I use to go with the "na, can't stand when my balls stick to my leg" line, but that was something that stopped so it's all good now.

Lol, I should stop talking about balls and being naked. It doesn't bode well for the forum when Jeffs ball claps are on the mai page too.

In all seriousness though, anyone having trouble with regular sleep, do a bit of googling on it. There are lots of things you can do to make it more regular.
For me it has a lot to do with comfort and making sure I expel enough energy during the day. Can't rest if you've not done anything to make you tired.

I can't do a naked sleep generally, when I wake up I just feel fucking weird and my balls just fucking hate me for it. I did it when I was in relationships since that's a fairly normal thing to do, but even then that was usually only because sometimes I'd be too lazy to move after the action so I just wouldn't put my boxer shorts back on.

As for sleeping, generally I pull a regular, healthy 8-9 hours every night.
I used to be an insomniac, and while at the time it seems okay, once your body recovers and you start to get good sleep on a regular basis, you wonder how the fuck you functioned at all on less than 7 hours sleep a night.
When I was pulling 4-5 hours a night, I'd be half asleep during the middle of the day and sometimes I outright fell asleep in class in year 12, not because I was bored, but just because my body was just "Fuck you cunt, I need sleep!".

However my actually sleeping pattern is pretty fucked and wouldn't do me good for a 9-5 job.
Generally I get to sleep anywhere between 1-3am and depending on when I fall asleep, 8 hours later I'll be awake, so being awake at 9am is the absolute earliest for me.
Every time I try to fix it, I get to the weekend and I'll go to a party or whatever and it fucks it all up

I fucking love sleeping. Seriously. It's awesome, even though nightmares have been pretty much the only kind of dreams I've seen in years. I just consider them super realistic horror movies :) I can easily sleep for 13-14 hours if I haven't got an alarm clock set, but on a normal day I get about five or six hours of sleep and take it back on a day off.

I, too, have a habit of turning off the alarm in my sleep every now and then. It's been really embarrassing in my past jobs even though it happens pretty rarely. Gladly there aren't that many bands who want to start tracking at 8AM! :)

I slept for 11 hours straight today, goddamn it:zombie:
If I sleep too long, it's almost as bad as under sleeping. I feel restored unlike under sleeping, but I don't feel as energized and my mood isn't quite as good