Slipknot and French Festivals..

All I can add to this is I think Slipknot bashing is getting really tired and old in the underground metal scene. You can almost predict everytime what people are going to say because it's pretty much the same thing over and over again...

crimsonfloyd said:
They are scum. Beyond their horrid image, they are one of the most untalented bands from the entire nu-metal genre...

Perfect example right here.

Really though, they probably shouldn't have been playing there in the first place. I could care less about them or what happened, really. As I've said here in the past, it seems like the hard-ass elitists like to keep up on their musical careers more than their actual fans do. It really is funny.

I'll be happy to donate a brick, and a ticket cost, to anyone with a good throwing arm who will be seeing Slipknot soon.

Gold though.

ShroudOfDusk said:
I'll be happy to donate a brick, and a ticket cost, to anyone with a good throwing arm who will be seeing Slipknot soon.

Now if only I would submit myself to attending a Slipknot concert in the first place, I would take you up on your offer. ;)

Erik said:
I read an interview with Impaled Nazarene, who during one concert in Portugal got shit thrown at them, like broken beer bottles and stuff, the audience apparently totally hated them, so after a while one member who happened to know portuguese started insulting the audience in their native language which just riled them up even more, but IN made damn sure to finish their set, then bloody and bruised all over their body they even came back for encores, naked, then started chasing around members of the audience with broken beer bottles and asking them if they wanted to die.
That's awesome!
I read somwhere that Di'Anno beat the fuck out of some guy for heckling 'im during his set.
Yeah,i agree that type of stuff(throwing things...) is very immature.

Why would you consider slipknot bashing immature? For one thing I bet the fans payed to hear good music then slipknot gets on stage. And another slipknot are the ones who are immature "wah people=shit fuck you all i hate my life" etc. They're fucking adults sounding worse than teenagers.

i must say, you guys are pretty awesome. I will say that I think Slipknot's music is overrated and followed by the mallcore crowd trying to be hardcore. However, I wouldnt throw stuff at a band, no matter how humorous it is to do, just because they really dont deserve it. Yelling stuff is one thing, but dont throw stuff.

Now I say you guys are awesome, cause I also post at the official Dream Theater forum as they are my favorite band. The people there actually like Slipknot for the most part it seems, it really surprised me. Prog metalheads are supposed to be some of the most critical, and yet many of them were supporting Slipknot's newest album. Im glad the elitists here follow a different route.

I do think its pointless and stupid to throw things at a band since it makes YOU (the thrower) an idiot. I will say I went to Ozzfest and was going to watch Slipshit and give them a chance until they kept everyone roasting in the sun waiting on them to take their precious time getting on stage after everyone else took ten minutes to change sets. Their set was set up in ten minutes or so but they felt the need to wait half an hour to come out of their cozy air conditioned trailer, leaving their fans pissed as hell because it was 95 degrees in the glaring sun. Fuck Slipknot.