SLipKnoT Rulz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-metal is like diet pepsi. It's not as good as the original. In fact, it's much worse.
Slipnot bloo bloooooo blows. The lyrics suck, they try and shock the listener with in your face lyrics and a bad boy image. It's such non-sense like they were teased as little kids being called fat and put down so they turned against the world at they hate everyone. Gimme a break. I don't have time to listen to bad music.

ive got mate feed kill repeat and it is better. Most of the "hardcore" slipknot fans dont even fucking have this cd. they totally changed gently around and it sucks balls now but the first one kicked ass. the first one had great guitar riffs in it and stuff but now.... blah!

There is two slipknot songs called 'gently', the one off the first album begins with clean-guitar. The 'gently' off the new album is just noise i think

i dont think you have listened to the entire song then. the beginning is really crap and just sound effects and stuff, but then it moves into death metal vox, and then into the best guitar solo i have ever heard from slipknot (if not, the only). I really hate the self titled album too, but gentle off iowa is one of my favourite songs at the moment (kind of haha)

dont think you have listened to the entire song then. the beginning is really crap and just sound effects and stuff, but then it moves into death metal vox, and then into the best guitar solo i have ever heard from slipknot (if not, the only). I really hate the self titled album too, but gentle off iowa is one of my favourite songs at the moment (kind of haha)

I wasn't referring to 'gently' off IOWA. I hate IOWA.

I was referring to 'Gently' off 'Mate, Kill, Feed, Repeat'.... It's a totally different song. It begins with clean-guitar.

You've got the wrong song!!!

ive got mate feed kill repeat and it is better. Most of the "hardcore" slipknot fans dont even fucking have this cd. they totally changed gently around and it sucks balls now but the first one kicked ass. the first one had great guitar riffs in it and stuff but now.... blah!

Thank fucking christ!! Someone other than me has heard it!!

I hate it when 'bands' (*snigger*) release songs with the same name on different albums.

Because now when i say to go and download 'gently' off the first album, they download 'gently' off IOWA, and it is a totally different song!!

It is sad to see what has become of slipknot with their two new cd's.

I've heard it too.. i quite liked it..
i were kinda looking forward to them making a new verson of it on the new album.. but it did not sound as the orginal at all!

and by the way... i have heard that Slipknot dont like being called nu-metal, but what do they want to be called then?!?!
'cuz on a live recording they sed: this is the way metal should be!
or something...

Originally posted by _Transparent_
ok, i don't mean to scare you Syn_Sith_999, but Slipknot are only a short time away from rap members featuring in their songs, im surprised it hasn't happened allready.

Yeah rap stars are like plague. They do collaborations with every-fucking-one leaving their filthy mark on every song they could possibly get hold of. Either that or they are covering an old song (and by covering I mean taking a sample from a hit song from the 80s and then mixing in some "yeah yeah" or "ya know whaddam sayin'" and punching in some beats and there you have it: a cover. Idiots.). I still can't believe "Until I Got High" is a huge hit everywhere!!!!

I'm listening to "Under a Glass Moon" now (some real music). Dream Theater anyone?

thought Slipknot would play neo thrash metal like sepultura, older soulfly or fear factory, at least they've got the simple structure of ntm :rolleyes: Well, I don't have anything against sk. When I got the first album, I really liked them, but since that hype about them began and more and more kiddies started to listen to sk, I can't here that name anymore :mad: they turned to heavy-limp bizkit, and like lb, they really changed their style from the first to the 2 following albums :rolleyes:

if u notice, the lyrics for the song "slipknot" from mate feed kill repeat are used in the song 'gently' off iowa..
interesting

I've got a request: could everyone please stop replying to this thread so we don't have to look each and every day at the word SLIPKNOT on the forum? Thank you.

posted by dill the devil:

I could always make this a closed thread if everyone would prefer...

Fine by me. Close it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.