Sloan of Sharyn

Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
LOL.

I'm finally getting around to experimenting with serious REAMPIN'. This is a thread where I post results of experiments with different ampz etc...
I want to make these as easy to read and clear as possible so if you have suggestions for post layout etc.. let me know and i'll make changes.

PEAVEY WINDSOR 01
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17514020/sloan_sharyn_windsor01.mp3

CHAIN
Rose Of Sharyn DI's
Presonus Firestudio Project line out
Presonus TubePre (takes 1/4" and converts to XLR)
Radial ProRMP
Peavey Windsor
Crate Blue Voodoo (angled)
WGS Veteran 30 (top right of cab)
Audix i5 between edge and middle of cone 2.5 inches away from grille

AMP SETTINGS
Preamp (gain) 2:00 | Bass 12:00 | Mid 10:00 | Treb 12:00 | Boost OFF | Master 10:00 | Resonance 9:00 | Presence 12:00 | Texture 'Class A'

NOTES
All tracks raw except for JB Broadcast multicomp/limit/spacial shit on the master to control the crazy low end.

THOUGHTS
I feel good about finally get something 'usable' via reamping, but thing this could use a bit more thick mids. I actually notched the mids back on the amp a bit because i felt there was a bit too much when monitoring through phones. I like how raw and unrefined it sounds though. This was done very low volume as my mom is sleeping on the couch two rooms away. thanks for letting me move back in mom!

The Peavey Windsor is still one of my favorite amps simply because of the value. It is back at Musiciansfriend for $299 brand new. Buy a few of them!

I'm not trying to be a dick, but honestly none of the clips sound any good :\
Before I go into the tone, the guitars are WAY too high in the mix in almost all the clips.
As for the guitars themselves, they sound undergained. I'm not sure if they are, but that very choppy feel certainly makes it sound that way.
Listening to the most recent clip, way too much high and upper mids. Quite piercing because of that.
Wouldn't say any of the tones are usable either, to be honest :\
See if you can get seated into the mix more and throw a TS in the front if you haven't already.

There is no boost here. A old Nobels OD-1 is the closest I have to a TS, but i'm all out of batteries right now.
I didn't really focus on mixing the guitars in with the backing, just kinda left them up and followed through to keep all clips pretty much the same.

Thanks for all the feedback, i'll mess around a bit more.

Definitely needs a boost. I had a Windsor, it was terrible without one. You're getting there though, keep trying.