Slowdive

I adore this band, as well as most of the bands from the dark pop/shoegazer scene, like My Bloody Valentine and Ride...btw My favourite album is Souvlaki...perfect late-night album, spacey guitars, otherwordly melodies...just great

i aint play this said:
I adore this band, as well as most of the bands from the dark pop/shoegazer scene, like My Bloody Valentine and Ride...btw My favourite album is Souvlaki...perfect late-night album, spacey guitars, otherwordly melodies...just great

souvlaki is awesome, too! 'when the sun hits' (the gathering made an awesome cover of this song:dopey:) 'dagger' and 'here she comes' are just... perfect.

(my bloody valentine's 'loveless' is awesome, too).

Scourge of Malice said:
I do :)

"Sometimes" is without a doubt one of my top favorite songs of all time. Possibly the most beautiful song I've heard.

Great song, but i still prefer ''Only Shallow'', ''Loomer'', ''Come in alone'', and ''Soon''...Mbv's songs are like waves of melancholic bliss, i love that band...

Scourge of Malice said:
Definitely. I love the whole album, but theres just something about "Sometimes" that gets me every time I listen to it. It never fails to affect me.

Have you heard ''Isn't anything''? pwnful album too.

i really love this band.

Just For a Day is my personal fave, though many consider Souvlaki a masterpiece (i'd agree, yet i heard ...Day first).

Pygmalion was quite quite good too.

ps. Jonas wears Just For a Day longsleeve in Discouraged Ones booklet ;)

Slowdive are from Reading, UK this was where I used to live and picked up my first Katatonia Album, Tonights Decision.

It was then that they influenced me beyond my own belief. Slowdive was mentioned a few times but I need to listen to it a bit more, surprising to see Katatonia influenced by them.. will definitly check them out!