The wheels are melting
A ghost is screaming your name
Tina! Tina!
Bleeding all around
Liquid metal through my veins
The radio's burning
A ghost is screaming your name
Tina! Tina! Tina! Tina!

Just checked these guys out, and I have to say, they are pretty awsome... It bugs me when people say that MBV is emo though... Just cause they have a name that sounds like it should be emo...

Peace

ive never heard anyone call them emo

Ah, my friend, perhaps you havn't been in a highschool recently? Anything and everything to do with the notion of death, suicide, love, or some combination of the three is considered "emo," at least where I am. Hell, I've had people tell me that My Dying Bride is emo... And of course, My Bloody Valentine is often confused with Bullet For My Valentine... Ugh...

Do we have any Cocteau Twins fans in here?

Ah, my friend, perhaps you havn't been in a highschool recently? Anything and everything to do with the notion of death, suicide, love, or some combination of the three is considered "emo," at least where I am. Hell, I've had people tell me that My Dying Bride is emo... And of course, My Bloody Valentine is often confused with Bullet For My Valentine... Ugh...

I adore the Cocteau Twins... I can still remember the first time I heard them, the song was "Cherry Coloured Funk" and I was enraptured by the HEARTBREAKING harmony in that song.

Heaven or Las Vegas and Treasure are easily their best albums in my opinion.

I adore the Cocteau Twins... I can still remember the first time I heard them, the song was "Cherry Coloured Funk" and I was enraptured by the HEARTBREAKING harmony in that song.

Heaven or Las Vegas and Treasure are easily their best albums in my opinion.

What I find truly amazing is the profound influence that they have had on all sorts of different musical genres since then. Bands ranging from MBV to Deftones, to Isis. A lot of bands owe a lot to them.

nah i haven't, im in fourth year of college ^_^

I wouldn't be surprised stupid kids confusing the name for bullet for my valentine though

Heh, lucky you. I'm only in highschool for another half a year, just to clean up a few credits, but I've been ready to leave for a long time. It seems like anyone with sensitivity gets chastised in that environment. Got help me, I'm just glad that most people there don't know who Katatonia is, or they would probably rip them apart as well...

People even call Katatonia emo at some times. Can't trust this term in any real sense.

But on the topic:
Serena Maneesh from norway does some very interesting shoegaze.

yeah i dont know when it happened, but somehow 'emo' has a monopoly on sad.. its wrong