Reccomend some bands for me....

Primordial.
The best black metal album : Imrama (1995)
The most sad album : A Journey's End (1998)
The most UnMetal album : Spirit The Earth Aflame (2000)
The most something album : Storm Before Calm (2002)
No matter witch album you choose to hear, be sure to hear their only EP : "The Burning Season" (1999), he's great.

Maudlin of the Well released a couple albums two or three years ago 'Bath' and 'Leaving Your Body Map' probably two of the most colorful and interesting albums in the Doom Metal genre. They mixed Doom, gothic, folk, ambient, post rock, jazz and Death metal all so naturally. Unfortunatly they changed their name (Kayodot) and now make some really stripped down boring mixture of indie rock and sludgy doom...check out the releases I listed above.

insidethefall said:
Maudlin of the Well released a couple albums two or three years ago 'Bath' and 'Leaving Your Body Map' probably two of the most colorful and interesting albums in the Doom Metal genre. They mixed Doom, gothic, folk, ambient, post rock, jazz and Death metal all so naturally. Unfortunatly they changed their name (Kayodot) and now make some really stripped down boring mixture of indie rock and sludgy doom...check out the releases I listed above.

i like Maudlin Of the Well, but i love Kayo Dot!
Kayo Dot seems more evolved, more mature to me.. that's probably because i like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Slowdive and that kind of stuff (i already listed for MSPelata to check out)

i think the two of us had already this kind of discussion on soulseek if you might remember.. i'm mezanija there (you downloaded Anathema - Zagreb Live bootleg from me ;)

I just saw Kayo Dot live here in Arizona this week, and they were amazing! They didn't play any Maudlin of the Well songs, but that was cool because all the new stuff sounded awesome live. I talked to Mia, the violin player, for quite a while after the show, she was pretty interesting. I also got a t-shirt for only ten dollars and had all my CDs signed. Wow!

A band I would highly recommend for a Katatonia fan would be Thought Industry. They're extremely underrated. Another would be When. Also, I'd check out Marduk. If you like Katatonia, you'll LOVE Marduk.

-Vince

discouraged1 said:
i like Maudlin Of the Well, but i love Kayo Dot!
Kayo Dot seems more evolved, more mature to me.. that's probably because i like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Slowdive and that kind of stuff (i already listed for MSPelata to check out)

i think the two of us had already this kind of discussion on soulseek if you might remember.. i'm mezanija there (you downloaded Anathema - Zagreb Live bootleg from me ;)
Yes, I remember you! A lot of people love Kayo Dot - I keep trying to listen to the album, but it just bores me to tears...I don't think it's a bad release and there's definetly some higher art and musical talent hiding behind the ambience and droning but I just thought MoTW was musically more diverse, colorful and had more feeling, maybe I just don't like the noisy ambient post rock stuff as much which is probably the category they would fit best in (although I could be wrong)

EvilVince said:
I talked to Mia, the violin player, for quite a while after the show, she was pretty interesting. I also got a t-shirt for only ten dollars and had all my CDs signed. Wow!

-Vince
What was Mia like? I've seen some pictures of her and I must say she's a doll, I have a thing for cute asian girls and I also have a thing for female violin players :D

She was very cool, we got drunk and talked for over an hour. She had a fascination with gross stuff like tumors and internal twins. She once ate one of the band member's moles he cut off and cooked it with a sauce and everything. She was fascinated by my head surgery story so I got her email address and said I would send her a copy of the videotape. Yeah, I think open head surgery is so cool I had it twice. It's a great video to show at gatherings.

-Vince

We went and saw Kayo Dot live when they hit Chicago recently and they were quite good, needless to say. MOTW were always an interesting band to me but I was able to enjoy Kayo Dot more as a live entity, I found.

Thought Industry rules!! One of my favorite bands of all time. They are worth checking out period, but each of their albums are quite different from one another in many ways because they were experimental, and the lineup's were frequently changing as well. Not a band that can be figured out by listening to only one or two tracks, or even by one or two discs, so choose carefully. I'd be happy to see more people check out this grossly overlooked band!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
We went and saw Kayo Dot live when they hit Chicago recently and they were quite good, needless to say. MOTW were always an interesting band to me but I was able to enjoy Kayo Dot more as a live entity, I found.

Thought Industry rules!! One of my favorite bands of all time. They are worth checking out period, but each of their albums are quite different from one another in many ways because they were experimental, and the lineup's were frequently changing as well. Not a band that can be figured out by listening to only one or two tracks, or even by one or two discs, so choose carefully. I'd be happy to see more people check out this grossly overlooked band!
Yet another band that I can't get into, I have two Thought Industry cd's (both in excellent condition) if anyone wants to buy them (or trade) mail me at mordor13@adelphia.net