Halp! My metalness is wearing off :O! I need some new bands!

DarkFifl

Jul 11, 2002
Vilseck Germany
Visit site
Lately my metalness has been wearing off... I havn't been able to rock out to my cd collection as hard as i used to. I think I need some new band reccomendations to spark the metal flame anew in me :O!
Soo.. I'm taking the long 2 hour drive tommarow to the only store near with metal albums to go shopping and I could use some suggestions!

Currently some of my favorite metal bands are (feel free to insult my tastes if it makes you feel good!) : Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Old Anathema, Oldish to middle In flames, All Opeth, The gathering album from testament, Dimmu borgir, dark tranquility and Borknagar. All time favorite would have to be Agalloch though. Empyrium too , for their metalish stuff and their folksy stuff as well.

Could anyone suggest anything to go along with my tastes? It would be much appreciated.. I tend to prefer the more melodic stuff as you can probably tell from my band list.

Thanks in advance!

I'm feeling helpful. Check out Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes, Manticora - Hyperion, Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard, Immolation - Unholy Cult, Skyclad - The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth, and Sabbat - History of A Time To Come.

Some of those are based on your listed tastes. Some are just albums I think everyone should like.

I have been on since 2002 I think. I have very few posts. I mainly dont post because its usually nothing that interests me.

I say dont get more metal next. I think you should purchase some Jazz or something totally different and expand your music collection that way you dont get so tired of metal. That is what I do and I enjoy everything.

Based from your taste;
Ulver - Bergtatt
My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River
Novembre - Classica
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

Flaming Death said:
I have been on since 2002 I think. I have very few posts. I mainly dont post because its usually nothing that interests me.

I say dont get more metal next. I think you should purchase some Jazz or something totally different and expand your music collection that way you dont get so tired of metal. That is what I do and I enjoy everything.

LISTEN TO THIS POST. im into alot of classical and jazz. but i love metal

Vital Remains said:
LISTEN TO THIS POST. im into alot of classical and jazz. but i love metal
No don't, if In Flames and Dimmu Borgir are your favourite metal bands then you obviously haven't explored the genre enough, and distractions are the last thing you need.

think OUTSIDE the box man. You dont have to listen to just metal. sometimes metal doesnt bake my cake so i listen to folk or classical. Well exept for rap. someguy talking fast while some other dude bangs trashcan lids together to make a beat, doesnt appeal to me

I will recommend something that is not metal but is sort of close on this particular release. The illustrius King Crimson. The mastermind Robert Fripp brings some awesome tunes on their latest offering entitled "The Power to Believe".

Vital Remains said:
think OUTSIDE the box man. You dont have to listen to just metal. sometimes metal doesnt bake my cake so i listen to folk or classical. Well exept for rap. someguy talking fast while some other dude bangs trashcan lids together to make a beat, doesnt appeal to me

wu-tang clan is forever man

also buy a pavement or guru guru album

Devin Townsend's last CD was brilliant.

Check out Pain of Salvation for more melodic prog, Darkane for the heavier thrashy stuff and Zandelle for power/speed metal.