New board member

Tyrannicide

Zannnnng!
Dec 17, 2001
Keizer, OR
www.musiquemachine.com
Just thought I'd poke my lurking head in here and say hi. I've been visiting the UM forums for quite some time now--especially this one in particular--and I thought I'd contribute my .02 cents every now and then. Anyway, my favorite bands are Opeth (naturally,) Pain of Salvation, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Camel, Van Der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, Tiamat, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Devin Townsend, The Gathering, Faith No More (basically anything related to Mike Patton,) Neurosis, Esoteric, Thought Industry, Dillinger Escape Plan, In The Woods, Darkthrone, Enslaved, Solefald, Dream Theater, Electric Wizard, Tori Amos, Depeche Mode, New Order... etc etc... Anyway, HI! :)

Hey, welcome to the Opeth board...!!

I would like to be the first to reccomend Martyr to you, Technical Death Metal... Awesome. :D

There is going to be so many new bands that you get reccomended that you're going to be running around in circles in no time... :lol:

Welcome!

Originally posted by Trapped
I would like to be the first to reccomend Martyr to you, Technical Death Metal... Awesome. :D

Great band! I don't have Warp Zone on cd yet, but I'm planning on getting it the next time I make a cd haul. Have you heard of Theory In Practice? They're pretty much in the same vein as Martyr, Gorguts (obscura,) and all those nifty tech death metal bands. I'm sure you're already familiar with them, though; but anyone else who isn't, I highly recommend you check em out!!!

I love Death and Atheist (and Cynic.) Chuck was one of my idols... I still can't believe he's gone. At least he left tons of great music for us to cherish.

Agreed. Chuck was amazing... It was a sad day, and still is a sad memory.

Cynic are great too...!

Welcome to the thrall's of technical-Death fans. :D