SLUDGE Metal

Honestly, I don't understand the big fuss over Acid Bath. They are/were not a terrible band at all, just one of those acts whose music never really set well with me for some reason.

More stoner metal than sludge, but has anyone listened to War Pigs? The name pretty much describes their sound...it's like Black Sabbath meets old school hardcore punk, with a lot of blues. Great stuff.
I suggest looking into Degeneration, their newest release, if you haven't heard.

I've really been getting to this shit lately but I'm very new to it...loving the slow sludgy/doomy riffs.

If anyone can recommend me anything remotely similar to these bands, that would be great:

Zoroaster (anything like them would be awesome)
Sourvein
Warhorse
Salome (not really sure if it's sludge but it's good)
Graves at Sea

Thanks

GameFreac, you should check out YOB and Fleshpress and if you're into any death/doom type music, I also suggest Coffins and Hooded Menace.

If you like Zoroaster-type stuff, check out Come My Fanatics by Electric Wizard. It's a similar psychedelic/doom style.
Also, if you like Zoroaster, pretty much any Neurosis will do...namely check out Through Silver In Blood and Times of Grace.

Harvey Milk - Courtesy and Good Will Towards Men
Kongh - Counting Heartbeats (highly recommend this)

I'll check out Electric Wizard...I've heard them before but wasn't too impressed

The thing I like about Zoroaster is the long slow riffs...I could take or leave the psychadelic aspect

I have some Neurosis and it's OK but that's not what I'm really looking for

I'll check out Kongh

Discuss things sludge here.

Favorite bands:
Eyehategod
Buzzoven
Acid Bath
Sourvein
Noothgrush
Weedeater
Dystopia
Iron Monkey
Neurosis
Hail!Hornet

Sludge/Doom is not what I listen to often but I love some of it. I listen to some Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Crowbar, Boris and Neurosis.