Oh fucking totally. Where Acid Bath is probably more experimental, Abuse just takes what Acid Bath does and makes it more hateful. And I always appreciated that.

That's a good way to put it, Acid Bath were more experimental, and they didn't mind appealing to stoner music crowds which gives them a sometimes laidback vibe, they have more psychedelia in their sound. Abuse kinda took the heavier moments of Acid Bath and expanded on it.

An early 90s florida band that rides the tide of proto-Nu Metal Korn-esque sound with this nasty fucking Sludge Metal sound.

@Oblivious Maximus how do you rank Fleshpress' discography?

For the time being:

1. Pillars
2. Tearing Skyholes
3. III - The Art of Losing All
4. Acid Mouth Strangulation
5. Fleshpress
6. Hulluuden muuri
7. Wörm Dirges

There was a time when Tearing Skyholes and III could be interchangeable but I'm fairly comfortable with Skyholes at 2.

Reactions: CiG
Been revisiting last year's sludge records lately and put together a little list of what I think were the best in the genre for 2019.

The Disease Concept - Pain Clinic
Fistula / Junkov•en - split
Moloch - Love Songs
Grey Brain - Red Eyes
Leechfeast - Village Creep
Piggery - Piggery
Foreboder - Road to Nowhere; Paved with Bones

That Grey Brain album samples from A Field in England a couple of times which was cool as fuck.

Hey man, I play bass in this band so cool as to see some people into it. We've got an EP that should be coming out when we can get our shit together later this year which will be far heavier and slower (think Disembowelment meets 13 'Hollow/Bound' demo).
Sounds insane man, can't wait to hear it.
A video from the forthcoming EP is out:

Reactions: CiG