Beaten Back To Pure
Slow Horse

Those are the ones out of your list I know and like... how about these:

Avrigus
Moratorium
El Caco
Mistress
Kaptain Sun

Well I have a very small list compared to some on this thread.
St. Vitus
The Obsessed
The Hidden Hand (Wino's new band)
Kyuss
Place of Skulls
Spirit Caravan
Trouble
Black Sabbath
Orange Gobblin
M.K. of Clearlight

THat Arcane Sun CD is getting harder to find by the day. The only way to get it, that I know of is through eBay. It doesn't sell for too much, but you just have to wait for it to go up for auction.

Arcane Sun=Best.CD.Ever.

I have the rare second album, but since it was never properly released, it is only available on CD-r. Paul Kearns (vocalist) said that Ars Metalli was interested in releasing it, but we'll see.

@BloodstainedWalls - go to www.metalireland.com and contact "jedifart". He is a former member of Waylander, and currently runs Metalworks Magazine. I got my copy from him. I'd copy it for you, but I don't have a burner.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Dreamlord said:
@BloodstainedWalls - go to www.metalireland.com and contact "jedifart". He is a former member of Waylander, and currently runs Metalworks Magazine. I got my copy from him. I'd copy it for you, but I don't have a burner.

Done!!!!! Thanks man. I remember yuou telling me this before but it totally slipped my mind, lol...Thanks alot man. You are the man. We'll wait and see.... :)

I just found it on soulseek- hell it took two weeks on hot list for even a nibble, so i got it shared, if anyone wants it just tell me- ill give you my screenname.

The Arcane Sun cd is amazing, i wouldnt say it is the best cd i have ever heard-but it may become one. What happened with this band? WHy did they just put out one amazingly good debut cd, and then disappear? I understand they must have been on a obscure label, but still I am surprised they just gave up. Are any of these guys in other bands?

some further thoughts on the Arcane Sun cd- the singer is amazing, maybe the best metal singer i have heard, as he does everything well, his growl is perfect, his clean singing is even better. the atmosphere is equally amazing, stunning really. However, the one weakness of the cd, is the metal parts, I dont think the band fully realized them- maybe this is a good thing.

if you heard the second CD from Arcane Sun (never properly released) you'd see that full-on strainght metal parts aren't their thing. THe second one has more proggy elements, acoustics, and not many straight ahead metal parts. This has mainly to do with Feargal's (the songwriter) affinity for more classical styled music. Just listen to 'We Stood With Time' and 'Promised' (both on the debut) for verification. Last I heard, Feargal was not involved with metal at all, but followed his love for classical music.

And the growls are almost non-existent on the second one, at least compared to the debut. Last I heard, the vocalist was in a band called Eden Obscured, but have not released any material.

As far as stoner/doom metal, I'd say Cathedral, Mastodon, My Dying Bride, old Opeth, Obsessed, Queens of the Stone Age, and Kyuss.