SM7B & AXEFX Tryout

Drum programming could use some humanizing. The cymbals (especially the crash on the left) are very "robotic."

Guitars sound pretty good. The low end is massive but could use a bit of taming. Snare sounds great.

Drum programming could use some humanizing. The cymbals (especially the crash on the left) are very "robotic."

Guitars sound pretty good. The low end is massive but could use a bit of taming. Snare sounds great.

No worries man. yeah i know the drums were just quickly chucked in for demo purposes nothing more :)

im highpassing at about 90 should i try a little bit further in?

Well I'm not a Whitechapel fan at all but I don't wanna hurt anyones feelings! I honestly feel like high passing at 100 is the perfect amount for anything detuned IMO I play in G and I HP at 100 and it works perfectly!

really liking the guitar tone. the vocals seem like they need to cut through more. maybe a little more saturation/distortion. try finding a sense of space too

Not my thing at all but sounds good none the less. The kick feels a little too separated from the the rest of the drums - try notching out the plastic-y attack of it and focusing a little more energy in the 2k area and compress less.

Also there's some dodgy edits on the vocals during the section that starts at 2.20. I tend to automate breathing a lot when I'm compressing as hard as you are on these vox - the breathing seems a little loud.

Hi-passing the guitars higher won't fix the low end problem - that's simply to remove unwanted sub lows/rumble. There might be an offending frequency between 100-200 but some multi-band compression will likely fix it.

That's all I've got - nice one!

Not my thing at all but sounds good none the less. The kick feels a little too separated from the the rest of the drums - try notching out the plastic-y attack of it and focusing a little more energy in the 2k area and compress less.

Also there's some dodgy edits on the vocals during the section that starts at 2.20. I tend to automate breathing a lot when I'm compressing as hard as you are on these vox - the breathing seems a little loud.

Hi-passing the guitars higher won't fix the low end problem - that's simply to remove unwanted sub lows/rumble. There might be an offending frequency between 100-200 but some multi-band compression will likely fix it.

That's all I've got - nice one!

Thanks dude, I'll definately try that with the kick :)

The music isn't particularly my cup of tea, but everything is sounding great to me. The guitar sound like they could use just tad less low-end, and the toms could stand to come up in volume.

Thanks cory,

In regards to the other post what's the eat way to get rid of Plasticy sound kicks? I prefer slap, is that about 2k and the click higher?

Thanks cory,

In regards to the other post what's the eat way to get rid of Plasticy sound kicks? I prefer slap, is that about 2k and the click higher?

My recommendation: keep your compression where it's at now, and try boosting around 4/5-8k or so to taste. Mess with the 2k while you listen to the song until it clicks through as much as you want it. Maybe pull out just a touch of 200 while you're at it.