MINERVA MIXING TIME AGAIN!! EVERYTHING INCLUDED

a lot of you guys lost cymbals somewhere or at least moved them like one bar forward. I know that you mix what you get, but c'mon... :tickled: A little effort can result in a much better sound :D
infectdsniper - you dont have cymbals there at all :loco:

heres the last one im doing.
its reamped through my engl blackmore with a maxon 808 in front going into a marshall 1960 with 2 v30s and 2 gt12s
first time reamping so dont hate to much :Spin:.
added the cymbals because someone didnt like it with just the superior crashes that were on the midi for some reason :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you've got some major phasing going on somewhere. The drum intro sounds really odd on the tom's. Unless you've got a phaser effect on them. The overheads seem to phase too in someway.

Also the overheads are out of time with the track. They're a bar too late. Check out.

Guitar tone sounds pretty beefy, and the vocals sound really good

Delayshifter, your drums sound very muffled and reverby, like they were recorded from far away. The cymbals don't match up with the track, and have some phase issues going on. It sounds like random drum samples and OH's thrown together as opposed to a kit in whole. Guitars are fine but sound pod-farmy and lack bass. Vox tend to get buried at parts.

Infectedsniper, your guitars almost sound like just the head was recorded, or no cab/cab impulse was used. Too much high-mid end. The whole mix is pumping, too. The drums except for the snare are nearly inaudible for most of the time.

Sorry for the old bump. I just got around to mixing this.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=886243&songID=10868281

Used LePou amps sims, LeCab, and some sneap impulses (t75, and v30) on the guitar. The bass had some odd things going on, most pronounced at 2:45, and the clipping/popping everyone else already mentioned. Thanks for the chance to mix this! I thought the DIs were well done/recorded (take wise, and audio quality wise).

Hellol everybody!

First sorry for my language, I only little speak english ;)
I am totally amateur. I made this short mix for fun, what do You things about it? :) Maybe do You have some advices? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my mix. Spent 2 days-ish on this one. Great song, great raw files to work with :)

http://www.shaggysi.com/tunes/MinervaMIX.mp3

Drums are Avatar with Slate Metal Preset, heavily processed.

Bass is split into LP'd DI and then HP'd dirt bass track, used one of the LePou sims > Compressed to hell and back

Rhythm Guitars are TSE X30 into s-preshigh impulses > Voxengo Marvel EQ > E-Tube-Tape Saturator > Pro-L Limiter

Lead Guitar is Guitar Rig 4 EchoLead Preset modded and fed into PSP85 Delay.

Vocal chain: Voxengo Marvel EQ, C1, and a tad of NoMad Factory BlueVerb, bounced this down then routed it to a parallel track with my distortion vocal preset I made in Guitar Rig 4, turned down quite low though.

Master Chain:- SSL Comp > Nomad Factory E-Tube-Tape Warmer > Gclip > C4 > Voxengo Marvel EQ > Ozone 4 for Mid/Side Harmonic Exciter Only > Voxengo Elephant

Hope you like. Comments/criticisms all welcome good or bad :)

Hey Rich, Is there any chance you could post the Reamped 57 Mesa guitar sound you recorded?

Would really love to mix a real mesa in.

I know its a been a while, but it would be great if you could.