MINERVA MIXING TIME AGAIN!! EVERYTHING INCLUDED

This is an awesome track, Rich. I could easily jam to it I had a lot of fun mixing it. That said,
6T93g.jpg
and I haven't slept in awhile, but here's my 3/4-assed attempt: http://bit.ly/ifn05p Some of the leads were missing, and I think the mp3 compression squashed the vox and made them seem a bit louder. Edit: critique/comment would be nice! :)

Just boost some high end on the DI's before you put them through an amp, it'll help bring out the pick a little

Tried highpassing the fuck out of them and it's still all mushy during the palm mutes.

These di's Arnt great tbh dude they went through an m-audio fast track rather than my countryman & 2626 chain

Yeah, just seemed strange since everyone else is praising them when they sound very flat and mushy to me.

I didn't have any big problems with the DI's at all, they sound ok to me.
They may not be overly prestine, but I'm sure you could work them to sound nice with a good eq.

Tried highpassing the fuck out of them and it's still all mushy during the palm mutes.

Yeah I do agree with that actually. I did say they were well recorded, you should see the stuff i'm used to dealing with lol. But yeah the low end was a bit rough. The pick attack I tried to bring out by using a multiband after the amp. I guess it's personal taste, it worked out okay in my mix as I didn't really need the pick attack, I compressed the guitar bus to give it a bit more kick when it slammed in after chugs instead.

Srsly ?
Its not that extreme, I'd not guess it lower than G# or something, but far out of the 8 string/Djent range.
I generally don't do stuff lower then G because I simply don't like the sound of it too much, but this is still quite ok, also the bass.

Srsly ?
Its not that extreme, I'd not guess it lower than G# or something, but far out of the 8 string/Djent range.
I generally don't do stuff lower then G because I simply don't like the sound of it too much, but this is still quite ok, also the bass.

Lol most of the bands I do play in drop C or D so you could understand why I would think this is a lot lower. Also It would be nice to know the tuning so I could figure out where the bass fundamentals are. But I guess I'm crazy for asking that...........

I really dig the song and definetley will give it a try! :)

May I modify the drum part a bit? Some of the fills and beats sound quite unreal (but if your drummer has 3 hands, I'll leave it that way :p)

Lol most of the bands I do play in drop C or D so you could understand why I would think this is a lot lower. Also It would be nice to know the tuning so I could figure out where the bass fundamentals are. But I guess I'm crazy for asking that...........

Nah you may ask that, but you could also just figure it out, just generate a reference pitch on the open-string stuff and you're done.

Hey guys all the new
Mixes are sounding real good :)

I'm on holiday ATM so when I get back I'll give them all a proper listen on my mOnitirs :)