SM7B & AXEFX Tryout

I was going to give some comments but then I heard the updated version. Sounds amazing man! The vocals could use a tad more clarity in the higher region IMO and maybe a bit more bass but that's it!
Snare sounds killer as fuck man!
And I have to agree: that clean tone is tasty!

My recommendation: keep your compression where it's at now, and try boosting around 4/5-8k or so to taste. Mess with the 2k while you listen to the song until it clicks through as much as you want it. Maybe pull out just a touch of 200 while you're at it.

I've stripped the kick of 200hz already.

But I'd prefer to avoid click and add slap :)

Dude, 2nd mix sounds cool - good stuff.

My recommendation: keep your compression where it's at now, and try boosting around 4/5-8k or so to taste. Mess with the 2k while you listen to the song until it clicks through as much as you want it. Maybe pull out just a touch of 200 while you're at it.

I personally would recommend leaving the 200hz area - it already sounds like it's at the limit of mid scooping, if anything back off on the attenuation there. Try a dip at 500 - that will give you a classic scooped kick sound. You need to ask yourself - does this kick need compression? I often leave kick samples uncompressed or use very little compression - you're probably using drumbus and mixbus compression anyway.