Small activity update

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Hi everyone and thanks for being patient as usual. In the last couple of years I have been working very hard writing music for all my three projects, so while you may not have heard or seen much about me, I am still around!

Winds:
As I announced before, we have taken a small break to do other things. I have been writing some new Winds music here and there, bits and pieces. No word on when and even if we are recording a new record next year, but we are in no rush. We have worked non-stop with Winds (believe it or not) for the past 10 years since we started the band in the late 90s, so when Prominence and Demise came out in 2007, at least to me, it felt like a ten year accomplishment, and I kind of needed a break from it all. Winds is and will continue to be my main and most important project, and we are committed to releasing another album again, sometime. It could be a year, or two or five. Time will tell, and it comes down to doing what feels right.

Age of Silence:
The main the reason for the silence regarding Age of Silence (pun...) is that I had to prioritize a couple of other things in 2010. After I finished the Sculptured record with Don & Co. (of Agalloch, etc.) in 2008 (I think it was), I was among other things asked to do a guest apparence on Jason Walton's project Self Spiller, alongside Mirai Kawashima and Rob Kleiner and a ton of other amazingly talented artists.

Another reason things have been at a stand-still for the past year is that AoS has been searching for and trying out a few different guitar players for the new record, and so this caused some delays. But we believe we have now found our guy, and so we are set to start recording again in the spring and onwards, step by step, until the record is done. How long this will take is difficult to say, but the important part is we will be making a new record eventually, and it will probably be released in late 2011 or early 2012 (hopefully before the world ends at any rate...) !

Andy Winter:
My main focus of 2010 and for the first half of 2011 most likely. In fact, I have been working mostly on my solo record on and off for the past 3 years since the last Winds record came out. All the recordings are done. (I can't say anything more about details right now, but an announcement will be made in the new year so stay tuned for that!).

Thanks again for your continued interest and support!

Regards,
Andy