Update

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Hi folks,

I've been out of contact for a while, as some of you suspected because of the new Age of Silence record. Here's the deal: The past few months have been a very stressful time for me with everything that's been going on, so forgive the fact that I haven't been checking in as often. It really dawned on me this time around how much time and effort goes into making a cd, even if it's just a 3 song mcd, because you essentially have to go through every step you do with a full length release. The only difference is that with a full length you have more material and it takes a little longer, and that's pretty much it.

Well the good news is, it's DONE! I'm taking it to mastering tomorrow and will be shipping it to manufacturing on Tuesday. Whether this is any good will be up to everyone else to answer, but I take it as a good indicator that I don't think I've ever been this happy with anything I've done coming straight out of mixing before... so that has to count for something. I also feel this is a huge step up from Acceleration, actually in a different league, and considering how well Acceleration was received and how happy we in fact were with it to begin with, this should also be an indicator that we have progressed as a band since the last time. It should also be proof, at least it is for us, that the decision to release a mcd before our next full length was indeed the right one.

As far as Winds or other projects I don't have much to say about that right now, other than that from here on forth, all the focus will be put into finishing the new Winds record. So I expect even busier months ahead...

Regards,
Andy

Awesome! Can't wait to hear it, and I'm really excited about the new Winds album! :D

Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to upcoming releases from both Winds and Age Of Silence.

Hilsen en stor fan fra Nordland!