Small watt amps

No way I'd try and ship an amp from the states :p Way too expensive.

Try before you buy...otherwise you become a slave to ebay like I did before I found my current amp. You shouldn't have trouble finding Peavey in Aussie stores, right?

By the way...I tried some of those Epiphone amps...cheesy!

Too much stuff for you to tweak in all those settings? ;)
I LOVE tubes, played a Marshall JCM 800 & Mesa Boogie Mk IV for a long time. Unfortunately a tube amp was, and still is, out of my budget since rising from the ashes. For the versatility you get, and the price, you can't beat Line 6. Would I rather be rattling windows with a more natural tube tone? You bet. For now, my old L6 Flextone II gets the job done for me. They're really not bad amplifers....

Tis all good, just too many Line 6 responses in my tube amp thread :p

:lol: so just how many tubes in a 7watt tube amp anyhow ? :erk:

Seems I paid around 500 for my Randall RG80 (decades ago) now they can be had for less than 200, and played live gigs with it for years... I'm still beating on the thing. It was also great at home for practice. A headphone jack as well as a pull switch on one of the volumn pots for reduced volumn and increased saturation.... but OMG it wasnt... tubes :lol:

Any alternative advise you recieved here was sound advise, not people wanting to stomp on your mini tube bedroom amp dreams.

2 x 12AX7 pre
2 x EL84 power in the Orange TT.

There's only so many times I can say, I'm not buying a Line 6 solid state :) I don't give two shits how "good" they are. It's not what I'm looking for. I didn't buy one the first time I tried them, and I'm not going to buy one now.

I'm looking for a simple tube amp. Since I'd be using it in a smallish room and not gigging it, and since a lot of companies seem to make small watt amps to better suit this (and since larger amps like 100watt Marshalls attract a huge $$ premium here), I was simply asking if anybody here had any experience with them and any recommendations.

Just listening to the peavey examples is telling me I'm on the right track.

2 x 12AX7 pre
2 x EL84 power in the Orange TT.

There's only so many times I can say, I'm not buying a Line 6 solid state :) I don't give two shits how "good" they are. It's not what I'm looking for. I didn't buy one the first time I tried them, and I'm not going to buy one now.

I'm looking for a simple tube amp. Since I'd be using it in a smallish room and not gigging it, and since a lot of companies seem to make small watt amps to better suit this (and since larger amps like 100watt Marshalls attract a huge $$ premium here), I was simply asking if anybody here had any experience with them and any recommendations.

Just listening to the peavey examples is telling me I'm on the right track.

I think the Peavey stuff would be the best in your price range and for your needs...good luck!

BTW...Line 6 sucks!:heh::lol:

I hated those bogner/line 6 things when I tried them. It sounded no better than a pod going into the front of a clean tube amp (and based on what I've read/heard about the way it's designed and put together, that's essentially what it is). It's a shame because I really wanted to like it and made it out to GC the week they hit stores to try them out. At least I got my EBMM on the same trip so it wasn't a total waste:erk:

Went and tried the orange tiny terror again today....man I love that thing.

I hated those bogner/line 6 things when I tried them. It sounded no better than a pod going into the front of a clean tube amp (and based on what I've read/heard about the way it's designed and put together, that's essentially what it is). It's a shame because I really wanted to like it and made it out to GC the week they hit stores to try them out. At least I got my EBMM on the same trip so it wasn't a total waste:erk:

Went and tried the orange tiny terror again today....man I love that thing.

Yeah...I felt the same about the Bogner/Line 6...I wanted to like it and it is certainly an improvement over their other offerings.

Aren't the Orange amps super expensive?

I remember trying a Mesa once, didnt like it at all... thing was I knew if I got it home, especially with the band and worked with it I would be able to get what I needed. It was a powerful amp and needed to be cranked as well as sorted out. But I was just trying it, the price tag already determined I wasnt interested, I just wanted to see what the buzz was about. Theres always alot of buzz going around, as much negitive as positive... ya know

What do you recommend for a practice amp, with effects or not I don't care but with some kickass sound?

I've been told that they are good and a friend has one but I haven't tried it yet. I've heard it already comes with distortion settings. Are these good or should i get a pedal for it?.